New entry level ebike, titan or avalanch?

bar_1

Hi, currently the Titan E2 is on a great special for under R20000

however the avalanche mte is also looking good, more expensive but with double the battery, 

the bike will be used to commute, taken on the trail but nothing too hard core, and also to get my partner into cycling, so she can join me and my friends on a weekend ride.

Edited by bar_1

Unfortunately my budget is 25k....I am sure 7-8 years ago I asked a similar question  and the advise I got here was "spend more" (different amounts/different bike)

The advice was correct and after 2 years I upgraded....currently I can't spend more....so should I wait?

Edited by bar_1

This bike will be shared with a few people,

commute, not hectic trail rides, and for my partner to join me on a mountain bike rides,trying to get her into cycling.  nothing too technical.

Edited by bar_1

Mid drive is a better buy .... but in a different budget.

Betwee the two brands .... TITAN. If for no reason other than their excellent back.up.

What ever you consider .... get prices on a second battery.  Your eyes will water at the cost of some ....

Anything less than 600W.h is going to limit your range options !!!!

excellent backup?

After reading the specs again, I am slightly confused....

Titan is:  36V,10.40AH LG Battery Cell, 2600MAH Battery

Avalanche :  500W / 36V / 12.8Ah

which is better?

Where are you going with the Avelanch when you have an issue ?

Titan has dealers throughout SA.  Also, @Titan Racing Bikes are active on the Hub.

Both 36V, with Titan having x3 the battery capacity according to your numbers ....

PS ... I much prefer to see the W.h rating of the batteries ...

Well those are the details on the official sites....so not sure!

Titan e2 is also about7k cheaper ....sounds like the titan is the one to go for.

not sure about the components also, I have Shimano on my MTB and Road bike....that's what I am used too...

Just now, bar_1 said:

Well those are the details on the official sites....so not sure!

Titan e2 is also about7k cheaper ....sounds like the titan is the one to go for.

not sure about the components also, I have Shimano on my MTB and Road bike....that's what I am used too...

deore and 105.....so mid level

Some may have commented that to go "better" for your budget, you will have to look second-hand. But even then chances are you will get a very basic bike for the money in the 2nd hand market. Not 100% sure, though.

For the money, there is no better option than our Charge range. Although, we may be biased! Yes, mid-drive is "better" and usually comes on a bike that can handle more (in terms of technical riding and trail "roughness"), but for someone riding along or getting into it, the Charge is perfect.

14 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Where are you going with the Avelanch when you have an issue ?

Anywhere in the country Avalanche is local and falls under Dragon Sports. So support is not an issue.

1 hour ago, bar_1 said:

Ok I suppose the titan it is then....unless someone have anything positive to say about the avalanche?

🙂

Look side by side they're pretty spot on, but if you're looking at the spec and pricing then the Titan is the smart choice to make.