Garmin Heart Rate Monitor (Battery)

M van Zyl

Hi, need some help, replaced the battery on my HR monitor, but the head unit keep on saying the battery is low on power, also getting weard HR readings. Please help. Regards Marius 

1 hour ago, M van Zyl said:

Hi, need some help, replaced the battery on my HR monitor, but the head unit keep on saying the battery is low on power, also getting weard HR readings. Please help. Regards Marius 

Have you tried resetting it? Put the battery in the wrong way round(or hold it in) for a minute then try again.

I've never had this happen with my garmin HRM, but that’s what I was advised to do with my Wahoo HRM and it did the trick. 

1 hour ago, NicholasT said:

Have you tried resetting it? Put the battery in the wrong way round(or hold it in) for a minute then try again.

I've never had this happen with my garmin HRM, but that’s what I was advised to do with my Wahoo HRM and it did the trick. 

Hi, will give it a try, Thank you. 

There is also the possibility that the new battery is flat. Sometimes they’ve been on the shelves for years. 

5 hours ago, M van Zyl said:

This week, my Garmin heart rate monitor malfunctioned, first giving odd readings before stopping altogether. My first attempt to fix it involved a tech shop that replaced the battery, but it didn’t solve the problem.

The real issue was clarified at my LBS. They pointed out that the tech shop had used the wrong battery type. Correctly, they recommended a CR2032 battery and emphasised the device needed to rest for 30 seconds before inserting the new battery to properly reset.

2 minutes ago, Dappere said:

This week, my Garmin heart rate monitor malfunctioned, first giving odd readings before stopping altogether. My first attempt to fix it involved a tech shop that replaced the battery, but it didn’t solve the problem.

The real issue was clarified at my LBS. They pointed out that the tech shop had used the wrong battery type. Correctly, they recommended a CR2032 battery and emphasised the device needed to rest for 30 seconds before inserting the new battery to properly reset.

Hi, I will replace with new battery again and try this. Thank you. 

22 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

There is also the possibility that the new battery is flat. Sometimes they’ve been on the shelves for years. 

Hi, I am changing the battery again with a new one. Thanks. 

If It's a Garmin HRM Dual Try putting the Chip on the belt UPSIDE DOWN.

If you have cardiac arrhythmia this helps.

The Reading maybe not 100% correct but it works. 

chip.jpg

Edited by dasilvarsa