The songo.info Champions Race, presented by fibertime, is Back!

News bot

The greatest mountain biking spectator event, the songo.info Champions Race is back from a three-year hiatus, with fibertime as the new presenting sponsor. As ever the event will be staged in Kayamandi on the Wednesday before the Absa Cape Epic and some of the world’s best MTB racers will turn out to hone their skills and support the charity. Mountain biking fans are invited so come watch the action at the Kayamandi Sports Fields, below the songo.info clubhouse, on Wednesday, 13 March 2024. songo.info Champions Race Presented by fibertime When: 13 March 2024 Time: 16:00 – 19:00 Where: Kayamandi Sports […]

View full article

3 hours ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

It's spelled as "Khayamandi".

The place where the most cyclists mugging happen in the Cape and we are encouraged to go and support an event happening there. Yeah, good luck with that 🤙

Bit of a silly parallel to draw with the event and organisation, but you do you. It’s an encouraging event along with the Songo programme that does a damn site more good than anything else. 

The elite men’s and women’s races in the event are invite only affairs, but E-Bikers can pit themselves against one another and the thrilling 2.5-kilometre urban course at the songo.info Champions Race, presented by fibertime, for the first time in 2024. Entries are open to the general public and can be purchased through Quicket, for a R350 donation, here. The E-Bike race will follow the same 20 minutes plus 1 lap format of the elite men’s and women’s competitions. Nice!!

8 hours ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

It's spelled as "Khayamandi".

The place where the most cyclists mugging happen in the Cape and we are encouraged to go and support an event happening there. Yeah, good luck with that 🤙

Please reach out.
I'll gladly take you on a tour of the secure and safe programme Songo.info runs in 'Kayamandi'. I'm serious. I'd love to show you a side to Kayamandi that you haven't seen. Bring your bike for a burn on our BMX track.
I've been a trustee of this programme with Christoph Sauser for over a decade. Our dear friend the late Burry Stander was also a founder. Sipho Madolo, a graduate of Songo.info and one of the most inspiring men you will ever meet, is the programme director. We see hope and opportunity. We don't see danger, we see a vibrant and close-knit community that grapples daily with a legacy of poverty and unemployment that produces many social ills.
Yes, like most townships in this country there are challenges, but it is not made up of thugs and muggers. Kayamandi is home to working-class families, single mothers, and kids, like mine, like yours, who are just looking for a safe place to play and learn. We provide that. We provide meals for children from food-insecure families. We have teachers and coaches and mentors and volunteers giving their time and energy to make sure our children have a chance to change the world, change other people's perception of them, but mostly to believe in themselves.
And the Songo.info Champions Race is an opportunity to safely celebrate the more than 1,100 kids we have helped through school, and taught to ride over the past 15 years.
Please attend. I will personally look after you and make sure you have a great time. Who knows, maybe even a life-changing experience?

If nothing else, check this video we released today for a shot of inspiration. Meet Mila, a straight-A student from a local school and part of the Songo.info community... remember the name.