Kick side stand on eBike Mountain

Johan

Due to a the big C back in my body (going for radiation in May) I need to rest from time to time and many times there

is nothing to lean the bike against. 

I see the Giant have a mounting place for a side kick stand.

Anybody else with stands?

Johan some ebikes come with a plate and two holes for mounting a kick stand.

Alternatively you can buy a "bolt on" kick stand at a bike shop.

Thanks Chris, yes my Giant have the two holes.

I jut asked to hear the view...Lol I dont like to be "tuned"

The main thing about kickstands off road is that they can drop on rough terrain. Not ideal.

Not sure how easy it is to find a decent one that stays up, but I know they're pretty useful for bikepacking so maybe start there,

1 minute ago, droo said:

The main thing about kickstands off road is that they can drop on rough terrain. Not ideal.

Not sure how easy it is to find a decent one that stays up, but I know they're pretty useful for bikepacking so maybe start there,

All Enduro/offroad motorbikes have kickstands and handle it fine, I have hit 20m table tops on my crf and never noticed the kickstand drop down, dirt whoops at 80kmh and it is fine.

If it does drop down due to the angle and direction of travel, the ground would just kick it back up. KTM also solve the issue with a simple rubber loop to 'lock' it up.

8 minutes ago, dave303e said:

All Enduro/offroad motorbikes have kickstands and handle it fine, I have hit 20m table tops on my crf and never noticed the kickstand drop down, dirt whoops at 80kmh and it is fine.

If it does drop down due to the angle and direction of travel, the ground would just kick it back up. KTM also solve the issue with a simple rubber loop to 'lock' it up.

Indeed, but those are sold as part of the bike and as such are designed for the conditions.

Bicycle kickstands are usually designed for and sold on commuter bikes, and I've often seen them deploy while riding off a pavement.

I'm sure decent ones exist, hence pointing out that it's worth taking the time to look for one.