Front light for aero handlebars

Megan Robertson

Hi all, I recently upgraded bikes and now have a aero setup. I am struggling to find a light that'll fit on the aero handlebars? Unfortunately my garmin computer mount does not have space for light attachment at the bottom of it. 

anyone have any recommendations on where to find a light/ and light mount? It’s starting to get darker each early morning ride now! 

IMG_8814.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Megan Robertson said:

Hi all, I recently upgraded bikes and now have a aero setup. I am struggling to find a light that'll fit on the aero handlebars? Unfortunately my garmin computer mount does not have space for light attachment at the bottom of it. 

anyone have any recommendations on where to find a light/ and light mount? It’s starting to get darker each early morning ride now! 

IMG_8814.jpeg

What bars do you have ? Custom printed 3d mount might be an option

Find a Garmin mount with a gopro fitting on the bottom.

What bar / stem combo do you have? 

Megan, once you have that new front light, please consider using it everytime you ride on the road, regardless of ambient light at the time. 

59 minutes ago, Megan Robertson said:

Bars & stem EVO MONOCOQUE ACR

It looks like there are holes underneath, so you probably need a mount like this
But with a GoPro mount below.

And then you need a light with a GoPro adapter 
(possibly the Bontrager Ion Pro)

-1707826849-7444_medium.jpg

This looks like it ticks the boxes - not sure if they are available here though.

https://k-edge.com/shop/road/k-edge-garmin-integrated-handlebar-system-ihs-combo-mount/

Edited by splat

Ideally you want a 2 in 1 solution that works as both a Garmin mount and a light mount - as per image from Splat above. It fits below the aero bar. Depending on your bar, you might have a custom option available. You then need a GoPro adapter and a light which is compatible with that setup (Bontrager make a light which is great when it works - but I'd not recommend it - I have had 3 Bontrager light failures). I'm currently running a Blackburn Dayblazer 1000 which is much better value - but any light with GoPro adapter will work. It mounts upside down which makes it a bit more tricky to operate, but keeps the uncluttered aero experience. I use it whenever I am on the bike - day or night.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1 hour ago, Megan Robertson said:

Bars & stem EVO MONOCOQUE ACR

Looks like it's got mounting holes on the bottom, so the K Edge one that Splat posted is probably your best bet. Their mounts are usually modular as well, so if you switch computer brands you'll just need to swap out an insert.