biketiresdirect.com Order & shipping to SA

Has anyone ever bought from this website.

I see rave reviews from USA and Europe and they have amazing deals and affordable Int. shipping.

I checked pricing on there for a set of Maxxis tyres and they range between $84 and $100+ per tyre and that is before shipping.

I can get those tyres for much cheaper locally.

To be fair though, I didn't do a deep dive, but from what I saw the prices are not cheap, but I'm sure the odd special may pop up.

Support local or expect to buy everything from abroad in the future. 🤷‍♂️

*Unless you're looking to buy something super exotic, in which case you can tell us if you were scammed or not. 😛

18 hours ago, tinmug said:

Support local or expect to buy everything from abroad in the future. 🤷‍♂️

*Unless you're looking to buy something super exotic, in which case you can tell us if you were scammed or not. 😛

This goes both ways though. In order to buy local there must be options available, which are currently thin on the ground if you're not looking for an xc / marathon tyre. 

But at $90 a tyre before shipping? No thanks. 

2 hours ago, MajG said:

What's the duties/taxes on mtb tyres? 0?

If you can decipher it, these were the customs workings on 4x TUFO thundero tires I brought in on a shipment recently via DHL. Looks like I was only charged VAT and no additional duties but I do think tires usually carry duties.

CleanShot2024-03-21at11_26.21@2x.png.f8e7a84b0f7b5bcdafbb5e6b2b813520.png

19 minutes ago, michaelbiker said:

If you can decipher it, these were the customs workings on 4x TUFO thundero tires I brought in on a shipment recently via DHL. Looks like I was only charged VAT and no additional duties but I do think tires usually carry duties.

CleanShot2024-03-21at11_26.21@2x.png.f8e7a84b0f7b5bcdafbb5e6b2b813520.png

From what I see and the tyres don't attract duties as per the customs advisory or not specified atleast.

Hard to see on your image, doesn't seem as any added duties been applied to your purchase

6 minutes ago, MajG said:

From what I see and the tyres don't attract duties as per the customs advisory or not specified atleast.

Hard to see on your image, doesn't seem as any added duties been applied to your purchase

Yes, there were no duties on the tires when they are declared with that code: 401.50.00(2)