Garmin Fenix 6X Pro Stopped recording activity

I recently bought a Fenix 6X Pro.

On my first ride out recording with the watch, all was fine to 26km out, where I still checked the distance, time etc.

At that point I turned around and started heading back. 

10km later I checked the watch again and just saw the normal watch face, and realized that it stopped recording at some point.

(I most definitely did not finish the activity nor saved it when turning around)

Getting home and checking on Strava I was able to see that it stopped right there at the point where I turned around.

Any ideas what could cause this?

I specifically bought this watch to record long trips like the Trans Baviaans (230km) because my Fenix 3HR does not have the battery life to cover such a long event.

I would really like to find out what caused this in order to prevent reoccurrences of the problem.

You likely wont want to hear this, but this is 99% likely to be user error.

you likely paused the activity or accidentally bumped the button.

I've used my same model watch for big adventures and short adventures for 3 years now and the only time it wiggs out is when the user cocks up.

Lock the screen next time you use it to make sure.

I don't recall any software or hardware glitches and I would suggest my watch has seen more action than most.

I've been having issues with Garmin finding satellites. It takes a good 10 minutes to connect. Couple friends having similar issues, anyone experiencing this?  

On 4/14/2024 at 10:28 PM, Jewbacca said:

You likely wont want to hear this, but this is 99% likely to be user error.

you likely paused the activity or accidentally bumped the button.

I've used my same model watch for big adventures and short adventures for 3 years now and the only time it wiggs out is when the user cocks up.

Lock the screen next time you use it to make sure.

I don't recall any software or hardware glitches and I would suggest my watch has seen more action than most.

I realized that the buttons on the Fenix 6 are more sensitive than those on my Fenix 3. I set it to automatically lock when recording an activity, and have not had any problems since. Thanks !