[Event] Durbie Dash

Ernst Viljoen

Event Name: Durbie Dash
When: 12/10/2024
Where: 1 Langenhoven St, DurbanvilleCape Town, Western Cape
Category: Mountain Bike

The MTB event portfolio presents 3 exciting events - 60, 50 & 25km to the MTB enthusiast, with all of them Cycling SA sanctioned events. E-bikes are allowed in the 25km and 50km events

Go to Event Page.

• 2 months later...

Why don't they use contermans in the 60km route? Would be so much more fun going down supertubes -> cheeky corners -> happy hops corridor to Hoogekraal rather than the missing link bore fest. The only single track in the entire race is rooikat up and bloemendaaler down...

2 minutes ago, Newbie321 said:

Why don't they use contermans in the 60km route? Would be so much more fun going down supertubes -> cheeky corners -> happy hops corridor to Hoogekraal rather than the missing link bore fest. The only single track in the entire race is rooikat up and bloemendaaler down...

I'm not really involved with the DD mtb organising but what I can tell you is that unfortunately race organisers don't get to use any route they like, even if they have a good relationship with the club. It's a seperate negotiation with each seperate landowner (Tygerberg trails go over something like 30 properties) for each section the race wants to use and every owner and farm manager could have their own demands (some simply don't allow racing on their property) and sometimes one party agrees but another says no.

Its a bit of a nightmare to put a racing route together on Tygerberg. Most likely why you see very few marathon races on the Tygerberg trails (no Trailseeker etc anymore)

1 hour ago, Newbie321 said:

Think the route goes through Hoogekraal as well so there will be single track there. Also goes through Faircape.