[Event] "Comotion" in the Klein Karoo

knippie

Event Name: "Comotion" in the Klein Karoo
When: 14/12/2024 - 16/12/2024
Where: Leeuwenboschfontein Guest Farm, Western Cape
Category: Mountain Bike

What is so special about Comotion in the Klein Karoo?

This two day event is aimed at having fun & getting away from the everyday stuff

Short enough stages so you can still have fun

Race village like in those epic events

Affordable enough not to break the bank

A two day fun stage “race”, with the emphasis on fun.

Race? Isn’t it always a race? 

Yes there will be timing but prizes will be awarded to “other” categories. The spirit of this event is about having fun, on the bike with your friends, relaxing after a hard year.

The official event starts Sunday morning but the fun starts already on Saturday with a night hike, bring your headlamp as we are going to fill the veld with little lights. Everyone is welcome not just entrants to the race. 5km Walk should be do able even for the kiddies and surely this will be a lot of fun. R50 entry will be for sale at Leeuwenboschfontein, it will include a hot chocolate with marshmallows 

Extras meal tickets are available (at the entry process)

Stage One: 55km that starts off with gravel road and then heads into jeep track and takes out into the “wild” of the Klein Karoo, your water point is at the highest point on the Ezelsjacth farm. The stage ends with a gravel road downhill making sure you coming in fast to the Finish Line. Total ascent is 563m

Stage Two: the Queen stage takes you into Driekuilen Game Farm. There will be climbing but it will be worth your legs. At the top of Waboomsberg, at the Lookout point you will be spoiled with views all the way into Montagu but here will also be the Photobomb moment of the weekend. Pose with your steed at this magnificent view (all images free for download) and enjoy the very special water point set up here. This stage has Gemsbok, Eland, Zebra, Swart Wildebeest and many more game to see, the trails are a joy to ride and the views out of this world. This won’t be an easy 58km but something that you will remember. 1122m ascent.

Accommodation & Race Village

Our venue, for this fun-filled weekend is Leeuwenboschfontein Guest Farm. They have become renowned for events from cycling to weddings.

On the farm is a 4×4 trail and hiking trails; kiddies play areas, swimming pools, dam for fishing etc.

Accommodation types range from basic camping, glamping to luxury self catering options. Please visit their website to book your accommodation for the weekend if you are not making use of the Gold Rider Entry.

Gold Rider Entry ensures your spot in the “race village” in the middle of the vibe and fun.

Luxury Tented Accommodation

A tented camp is setup before hand, your entry is per person sharing a tent. Two stretchers with mattresses, cotton linen, bedside table & chairs. Clean neat ablutions with hot water etc. The campsite has numerous swimming pools, trails to hike and a 4×4 trail. Should you require a tent of your own please make contact with me via email and I will set this up for you.

The cost of a full entry but non sharing tent accommodation: R3970

These prices are for arrivals Saturday, if you would like to camp from Friday night this can be organized. Please contact me via email to set this up for you, an additional R440 per person sharing will be charged per tent and campsite for an extra night.

Meals & Drinks

Included in the meal ticket:

• Saturday dinner
  • Sunday breakfast/ lunch & dinner
  • Monday breakfast & lunch

Cash bar & Coffee Bar for your own pocket:

Coffee & Light meal tickets can be purchased ahead of time (entry process) at a discounted rate

STAGE ONE

Distance: 54km

Ascent: 563m

Start time: 07:00

WP: 33 km

Keep your eyes peeled for Eland; typical Klein Karoo landscape with a steady climb to the top, not too steep. This stage starts and ends with a fast gravel road.

STAGE TWO

Distance: 58km

Ascent: 1122m

Start Time: 07:00

WP: 38 km

The view point on top of Waboomsberg: photo opportunity as well as viewpoint & water point. You can have your picture taken here by professional photographers of a view over a thousand hills. You might get stuck here…don’t worry from here it is downhill.  Game: Eland, Gemsbuck, Zebra, Black Wildebeest, Rooihartebeest and many smaller game.

EARLY BIRD ENTRIES APPLY TILL 31st AUGUST

Go to Event Page.

13 hours ago, MBMtbGirl said:

Cant wait! 

Can't wait to see you at Leeuwenboschfontein on the 14th of December