Rouvy group subscription

Hi,

@Sloggy and I (and possibly @mecheng89) are keen to start a Rouvy group subscription, especially now that Zwift has gotten very expensive. The Rouvy group subscriptions are really very good value - 32.99 Euro for 5 people per month - so around 6.60 each = ~R130-R140. A yearly subscription works out to even cheaper - ~R110/month. So probably less than half of other platforms like Wahoo Systm, and less than a third of Zwift. I know there are free options like MyWhoosh and Indievelo, but I like the variety of Rouvy. I normally do workouts up one or another of the many mountain passes they have available, and otherwise just do zone 2 cruising exploring other areas.

I think the plan would be for each of us to commit to say 4 months on Rouvy, then transfer one (or more if you like) month's payment to the one we choose to administer the account. Once the money has been collected, the subscription is started, and we each make sure it is working well. Then before the end of the month, we transfer the remainder of the 4 month period to the person paying, and the subscription remains for those 4 months. After that we can decide whether to continue or stop as a group. I normally switch platforms quite regularly, but the group subscription may make it worthwhile to do a year's subscription for the equivalent cost of like 3 months of Zwift.

DM me if you are keen, and we can use a whatsapp group or similar to arrange the rest. We only need 2 or 3 more, but if there is sufficient interest, perhaps other groups can also be started. The only restriction I am aware of on Rouvy's side is that it seems that you can't change groups more than once a year.

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking for two more people to join a group if anyone's interested. If you're on the fence and haven't tried Rouvy, it's definitely worth a try. I enjoy exploring real routes and their selection is great. I also find it more immersive than some of the alternative 'real video' options, like Fulgaz, or just YouTube, as your avatar is always visible, and there are other cyclists around on the more popular routes. 

Zwift is fantastic but can also suck it.. I’ve gone to mywhoosh for no money 🤣🤣.. cycling is expensive man..

5 hours ago, Bike Dewing said:

Zwift is fantastic but can also suck it.. I’ve gone to mywhoosh for no money 🤣🤣.. cycling is expensive man..

Yup, I enjoyed Zwift, but still only used it for 2-3 months at a time as it felt expensive for what you were getting. With the increase, I can't see myself ever paying for it again - I'll just use the free 25kms per month. To be fair, I suppose if you're earning in Euros or Dollars, maybe it hits a little less hard.

1 hour ago, hunterza said:

Yup, I enjoyed Zwift, but still only used it for 2-3 months at a time as it felt expensive for what you were getting. With the increase, I can't see myself ever paying for it again - I'll just use the free 25kms per month. To be fair, I suppose if you're earning in Euros or Dollars, maybe it hits a little less hard.

If the weather is brutal for winter season it makes sense putting good money into a nice setup for indoor season.. and you’ll probably find yourself in the euro dollar area 🤣🤣