Giant Trance X e+1 Battery

Treddy

Hi there 

I have a Giant Trance X e+1 (2022) with a 750wh battery. I don’t seem to be able to get more than 80km, riding mostly on assist level 2, which seems very little. I did an 85km ride with about 1500m climbing and the battery was flat by around 78km. I thought I was riding very conservatively. Those on Specialzed Levos did the distance quite comfortably. Should I be charging the default settings on the app / controller? Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

IMG_6066.png

IMG_6065.png

IMG_6064.png

@Treddy two things drain a battery:

1. Hills ... sounds like you did a lot of this.

2. Wind ... you dont mention this.

Fitness level of the rider also makes a significant difference.

On my Trance E I get 10 to 12 km per 100W.h, thus 70 to 90km on your battery.

Strong head winds have reduced the range to 9km per 100W.h.

Why the discrepancy between Giant and Specialized ?

You need to read the manuals to see "how" these two brands use power assist levels.

Giant - each assist level multiplies the rider's input, to a maximum of 250W.  These percentages can be adjusted in the app.  It is actually easy to use more than 200 W in assist level 2 !!  Thus the relatively short range.

Specialized - it seems (based on feedback from other riders) here each assist level is only a percentage of the 250W, thus less power used and a longer range.

The best way to increase the range of the Giant is to use the app to adjust the assist levels down a bit.

Rider weight also needs to be included in this. 

16 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

@Treddy two things drain a battery:

1. Hills ... sounds like you did a lot of this.

2. Wind ... you dont mention this.

Fitness level of the rider also makes a significant difference.

On my Trance E I get 10 to 12 km per 100W.h, thus 70 to 90km on your battery.

Strong head winds have reduced the range to 9km per 100W.h.

Why the discrepancy between Giant and Specialized ?

You need to read the manuals to see "how" these two brands use power assist levels.

Giant - each assist level multiplies the rider's input, to a maximum of 250W.  These percentages can be adjusted in the app.  It is actually easy to use more than 200 W in assist level 2 !!  Thus the relatively short range.

Specialized - it seems (based on feedback from other riders) here each assist level is only a percentage of the 250W, thus less power used and a longer range.

The best way to increase the range of the Giant is to use the app to adjust the assist levels down a bit.

If the bike still has the DH tyres fitted they will also suck plenty of battery life