Darling MTB Trails

DodgeB

Hi folks.

A friend from Jhb will be in Paternoster towards the end of the month, and we keen to do some, say, intermediate mountain bike trails, together. Are the Darling trails (!Kwattu and Wolwefontein) marked out? Any other suggestions?

many thanks,

Rodger

They are marked. I don't know the condition if wolwefontein after the rains but Kwa is on higher ground oand probably in good nick.

Not much else around there that I know of. 

Mamil's right: very little in the way of trails around Paternoster. Not a trail (just a dirt road) but you a ride in the Cape Columbine reserve. Apparently there is an MTB trail near Slippers Bay (St Helena), but I have no further knowledge of it. !Kwa Ttu trails (wildlife sightings a bonus), link up with Wolwefontein trail network. Both ends have safe parking and refreshments, and everything in between will expect you to top up your slime in your tubeless tires (third season not quite there yet, but will be soon). 

Also explore possibilities in Piketberg (mountain area) and lots in Tulbagh (and Ceres etc). 

Don't forget the wetsuit, the Irish find the West Coast too cold compared to the North Sea. 😅

One more thing ... keep an eye open for slithering sausages (it's breeding season, so there are out, single and ready to mingle).