[Event] Tour de Worcester Road Race

MyriadEventsSA

Event Name: Tour de Worcester Road Race
When: 06/10/2024
Where: Lions Creek Tasting Room & Shop, Nuy, Western Cape
Category: Road

An iconic race around the Nuy Valley. this race brings you everything you would see in the European classics.

2 distances to test your legs - 114km and 86km

Go to Event Page.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems we'll start with an unenforced neutral on the gravel section again this year... 😆

1 hour ago, bleedToWin said:

Seems we'll start with an unenforced neutral on the gravel section again this year... 😆

What sort of gravel we talking? Champagne gravel?

1 hour ago, bleedToWin said:

are you not doing ceder ?

9 minutes ago, Jbr said:

are you not doing ceder ?

No, doing Dirty DC and Tour de Worcester on Ceder weekend.

13 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

What sort of gravel we talking? Champagne gravel?

Challenging enough to be a talking point, easy enough and short enough to be manageable on your normal roadbike. Start at the gravel section, do it at neutral pace, then come back 90km later and do it at race pace before a fast 20km circuit to an uphill dragrace to the line.

On 9/27/2024 at 10:47 AM, bleedToWin said:

That's not quite right.  We are not starting at the same place as last year so have about 3km to warm up before the 3km of gravel so hopefully the CSA officials won't call for a neutral zone again

21 hours ago, MyriadEventsSA said:

That's not quite right.  We are not starting at the same place as last year so have about 3km to warm up before the 3km of gravel so hopefully the CSA officials won't call for a neutral zone again

I'll take your word for it and assume the website needs updating... 🙂 

"The 115km race will start outside Leipzig Farm about 500m before the infamous gravel section"

12 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

I'll take your word for it and assume the website needs updating... 🙂 

"The 115km race will start outside Leipzig Farm about 500m before the infamous gravel section"

Oops - sorry!  Website updated now.  Too many places to remember where to look

@MyriadEventsSA Can't find any info online on the venue. What are the amenities like? Things to do for family / young kids while we slog it out on our bikes?

Gotta say the gravel climb on the road race has never been in better condition. Still brutal racing full throttle to the top!