Cop vs Cyclist

idrive

I find it very amusing that you all go out after the cop' date=' but no one sees what the cyclist does prior to the incident.

If you look at the actions of the cop, he does not BEAT the cyclist, he shoulders him off his bike.  I doubt that was a blatant attack on a cyclist.
[/quote']

Did you watch the same clip tromps? I see the cyclist riding down the road and then swerving slightly to get out of the way of the cop, who then speeds up and slams into the cyclist. To protect and serve?, the cyclist was served for sure!

Pull your head out of the sand. That video is the showing what it WANTS YOU TO SEE. None of us were there to see and hear what really happened.

Yes, as cyclist, we are outraged at the way people treat us on our bikes. Ever stop and wonder why???? Not everyone are the friendly waving cyclist. I have heard and seen people injured by cyclist launching waterbottles at them. I have heard the vulgar language that some of the cyclist use in races.

I am not taking the side of the police man, but, you can't exactly jump up and down with out the facts. We need to see the other side of the story before we jump up and down.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tromps perhaps you need a reality check, my head is not in the sand, I think you should check the location of your head it is clearly somewhere where the sun dont shine. I see a guy slamming a cyclist of his bike, and, perhaps there is something that we didnt see, that is possible, but to charge a guy off his bike is an excessive use of force. I call that a blatant attack. The fact that it was a cyclist hit doesnt make any diference to me the violence exhibited is the problem.

I am not taking the side of the police man' date=' but, you can't exactly jump up and down with out the facts. We need to see the other side of the story before we jump up and down.
[/quote']

Very good point, but there's very little evidence in the video that the cyclist did anything to provoke the cop, and he certainly wasn't pedalling like he was trying to avoid the copper. Also, the cop's story is a little inconsistent, don't you think?

Foe Fighter - Dude, you need to come visit me in Cape Town, I'll take you to places where you can talk about violence. As for my head, even if it is up my ass, as you insinuate, at least I think further. I would love to see how you react if you are standing in the road controlling people, who have no respect for what you stand for.

I do agree, the cop never really gives an explination as to his actions. I suspect that their was a verbal thing going on. And the cop lost his cool. If it were more serious, purse snatching or something, both cops would have acted. But, yes, the cop is being a bit dodgy.

Aren't we innocent till proven guilty' date='     or is it guilty till proven innocent??? [/quote']

South Africa - Innocent till proven guilty.

America - Guilty till proven innocent. They still have the death penalty remember. They don't have the same constitutional rule we have. They act a lot more harshly on crime.

I'm with Tromps on this one. A camera from behind the cop facing the other direction would have shown what the cyclist did to cause the cop to select him specifically. If the cop was just a ****, he would have been pushing all the cyclists off their bikes, but his demeanour changed noticeably when he saw something (off camera) and that's why he chose that cyclist specifically.

I do think the way the cop managed it was a little harsh, but then anger, and adrenaline have been known to strip away all sense of rationality...

Anyone know what provoked the cop? Anything reported in the media from his side?

I am not taking the side of the police man' date=' but, you can't exactly jump up and down with out the facts. We need to see the other side of the story before we jump up and down.
[/quote']

Very good point, but there's very little evidence in the video that the cyclist did anything to provoke the cop, and he certainly wasn't pedalling like he was trying to avoid the copper. Also, the cop's story is a little inconsistent, don't you think?

go one step further. /why did somebody decide to film this specific area? I mean there are posibilities here. Before the filming started did the Cyclist/cop make a noise/scene for someone to start filming? Somebody is already at desk duty and I think that is already pretty severe. Is the cyclist hurt? Is he on desk duty (or something similar) too? I mean, we have got to be fair here. What is good for the goose is good for the ganda and unless you have that FACTS, reseve your opinion.

I'm with Tromps on this one. A camera from behind the cop facing the other direction would have shown what the cyclist did to cause the cop to select him specifically. If the cop was just a ****' date=' he would have been pushing all the cyclists off their bikes, but his demeanour changed noticeably when he saw something (off camera) and that's why he chose that cyclist specifically.

I do think the way the cop managed it was a little harsh, but then anger, and adrenaline have been known to strip away all sense of rationality...

Anyone know what provoked the cop? Anything reported in the media from his side?
[/quote']

Thank you! A fellow hubber that observes what he see's. Clap

Yes, both sides of the story would be useful to know. Pity that cop lost his job, he would have been perfect for the Riot Squad. At 22, at least he's still got crime on his side, er, I mean time on his side...

Don't you find it funny that he never hit anyone off, from the front of the pack. (the two of them might have got a beating). I find it too coincidental that he pics one of the last riders. If the rider had done something wrong, why didn't both of them go for him? It looks more like a casual walk back to the sidewalk, after the cycles had passed. The way he puts his weight into knocking the guy off his bike is also pathetic. That rider might have hurt his back, neck or head (if you watch the slow replay).

This is my opinion, without having seen what the rider might/might not have done.

Tromps, go read the full report of the cop that he filed. He talks crap from start of it. The cop was either to high on drugs or his head is not leka and just thought he have some fun......and made a nice story to cover it up.....his whole report is bullsh*t.

But agree, from the video you can make anything out of it.....

I'm in two minds on this one...

On the one hand - what the hell did the cyclist do to enrage to cop?

On the other hand - try flagging the cyclist down instead of shoulder barging him off his bike!

It looked to me like the cops were specifically looking for someone - they stood watching cyclists fly by them then suddenly the on cop singles out ONE and barges him.

There is more to this than a victim cyclist. A shoulder barge is over the top though!!!