RS Motion control

potent

Hi there, does anyone use the motion control feature on their roch shox fork? I just wanted to know whether its worth investing in a poploc adjust remote so i can change my compression settings on my fork.

I currently have a RS tora 318 air solo with a normal poploc remote which doesn't allow compression adjustment. Is there much of a benefit using the motion control???

thanks in advance

Byron

Pop Lock is not a compression adjuster, it's A REMOTE LOCK OUT.

If you want to switch between ful lcok out and your std compression setting then you'll fit a pop lock. If youwant to adjust between fully open and locked out then don't fit Pop lock.

Hi GL, there are actually 2 different types of poploc. One is a straight poploc, which i have, which only allows for either full travel or lock out mode. The other is a poploc adjust which allows you to adjust the compression via a dial on the poploc remote as well as lock out.

PopLoc?

Remote actuation featuring lock and unlock buttons allowing the rider to always be in control and in the know. Poploc Adjust features on the bar compression adjustment.

Unless you getting it for nothing, it is not worth it. I have the poploc adjust and only use the full lockout when on the road.

Only reason I got the adjust is because it cost me a 6 pack Windhoeks and I had the setup but no remote lever Big%20smile

yeah i don't know whether its worth it or not. a friend of mine changes his compression on his forx fork quite often according to different conditions, but i've never really had an issue.

Hi Potent,

I know of the PocLoc Adjust but I think it's an ergonomic nightmare. Using that thing if there's even a hint of dirt inside it is a real pain in the arse.

it's much easier to reach over to the fork's leg and adjust the compresstion there.

the only Pocloc thats worth while is the On/Off version. It's the best of it's kind. Leave the "Adjust" version alone.

my prob is that you have to have the adjust version to adjust compression on my fork. the compression adjuster on the actual fork is sprung loaded and cant be adjusted manually therefore you need the remote adjuster. i know the older tora 318 allows manual adjustement but not the new one

With the fork set up correctly, there should be no need to be messing around with the compression on the fly.

It would not be that "on-the-fly" anyway, cos it is a mission to turn that adjuster knob and concentrate on where you going

I'm sure it's a bit of a pain in the ass to adjust whilst riding. they should've made the poploc so that you press it until desired compression position is reached and it stayed in that position. if you look at the markings on the actual poploc it almost looks like thats the way it was originally designed to work.

anyway thanks for the help and input guys. much appreciated!

I have the Poplock with compression adjust on my Reba and I can honestly say that its a waste of weight. On off is all I ever use. Incidently Marzocchi have made a TST compression remote lockout, it has 5 levels of remote compression until it locks out completely.

BB, tell LB to order another pure-delite air valve cap, like the one where he pumps the fork up, you then take out the compression system and put the new cap on. Saves about 150 grams in weight.