Thule roof bike carrier (ProRide591)

rock

who has experience with this - any issues, problems or just a great product ? (Proride 591)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock ..why dont you get the Thule Holdfast..It fits on to the boot...Its the newer modle...great product..I paid about 1100...at Olympic Cycles..I was stuck between the roof rack and boot carrier..I mean imagine lifting your bike up onto a roof everytime...the energy levels aint there for that..

My 5cents worth

rock, I dig them! and think they look great... Don't think you'll have a hassle with them... Thule is a good product!

20061115_034246_Thule.jpg

I had the "Thule RideOn" but I wanted to shave some weight off my car so one of the things that went was the tow bar....LOL

the only thing that worries me is that you can't actually see the bike while you're moving.....(no sunroof)

Rock ..why dont you get the Thule Holdfast..It fits on to the boot...Its the newer modle...great product..I paid about 1100...at Olympic Cycles..I was stuck between the roof rack and boot carrier..I mean imagine lifting your bike up onto a roof everytime...the energy levels aint there for that..

My 5cents worth

i wouldn't go for a boot carrier:

- bikes get so much more dirty hanging on the back of the car where turbulences pick the dirt up

- it costs more fuel. researches have been done and they found out that having your bike on the roof is better.

of course it's more comfy to put the bikes on the back of the car, but facts speak against it...

I like the look of the Roof Carriers, but my only concern would be about forgetting that there is a bike on the roof and ............. OH sh*tE !!  Big%20smile

use more fuel with the bike on the back than on the roof - surley not ?

as i've written this has been researched!

ADAC (the bigges german automobile club) just ran that in their latest magazine issue.

and when you think of it it makes sense.

I had a paper copy and it was in german.

can you read german?

or are u just asking because you don't believe me?

I have a Thule roof rack for my Mini. great product works well etc. Coupe of problems, after some use(6 months) the control arms holding the bike started to scratch the bike a little, no problem just put little foam bits where it holds the bike. Other problem is fuel consumption goes up quite a bit, and mine made a funny whistling noise as the wind passed through it...quite a common roof rack prob and not just a Thule prob. All that said I would still be using it if my complex gates did not change.

jup, but that's an old test (from last year).

the most recent test also clearly stated that the fuel consumption of carriers behing the car (boot/tow bar) is higher (much higher if i remember correctly) than roof carriers.

whatever

I have a Thule roof rack for my Mini. great product works well etc. Coupe of problems' date=' after some use(6 months) the control arms holding the bike started to scratch the bike a little, no problem just put little foam bits where it holds the bike. Other problem is fuel consumption goes up quite a bit, and mine made a funny whistling noise as the wind passed through it...quite a common roof rack prob and not just a Thule prob. All that said I would still be using it if my complex gates did not change.

[/quote']

you feel like flying an airplane when driving fast with a roof carrier