Knocked over by car

craighowes

Same thing happended to me in  a race where i T Boned a car that ignored a marhall. If you have any injuries contact a personal injury lawyer to claim from road accident fund.

Thumbs%20Up

I've had some close calls as well - some motorists actually "sympathise" with U when other ass-holes do as they please.

I was even thinking of attaching my batton to the cross bar & riding with a steel ball bearing to throw at the moron's car !!! - the lengths we go to / forced to is un necessary !!

"DTThumbs%20Up"

From the RAF site:

Claims received and settled by the Road Accident Fund are, compared with other countries on a per distance traveled per unit, too many relative to the income received from the fuel levy. A major contributory cause is due to the ever-increasing number of people exposed to road accidents due to an expanding vehicle population, especially public transport sector.

To try and reduce the number of deaths, and to minimize the number and severity of injuries so that fewer claims are lodged against it, the Fund 'invested' R50 million in road safety during the year under review.

also:

The amendments (of the RAF Act) retain the claimants common law right to claim against the wrongdoer only in instances where the Fund is unable to pay any compensation and in instances of secondary emotional shock.

Thanks - great info!!!

Have had a few "close shaves? with maroons in cars. I am not afraid of the law, but some drivers scare the hell out of me. Especially those who have not done a proper drivers test etc. They are easy to spot ? they are those who think that traffic signs / road markings are for decorational purposes only ?
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Eish... you guys should just consider MTB Big%20smile

Yep, that's what I'm planning to do, I've got a new 29er slowly taking shape in the garage right now! Kiwi2008-08-22 07:55:35

Yep' date=' that's what I'm planning to do, I've got a new 29er slowly taking shape in the garage right now! [/quote']

Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up

Yep' date=' that's what I'm planning to do, I've got a new 29er slowly taking shape in the garage right now! [/quote']

Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up
Hey Nancy........doesnt that sound like the perfect ride for the Trans Baviaans? Wink

i glad your okay craig:)

sounds like this is going to get messy. most driver dont give in they are "always in the right"