Polar CS400

Nancy Drew

i would try the gel 1st just use some hair gel im sure u must have some of that at home.

I'll give that a bash tomorrow... thanks WW

Do other makes of HRM's telemetry straps give the same crap as the Polar ones?

From my experience the "mesh" type of strap that comes with the CS range seems to be more prone to these type of problem compared to the old style straps....

I also have the same type of mesh strap with my polar RS (running watch) and it also gives me shiit every once in awhile, funny enough i found that washing the strap made the problem worse, now i never wash them, never use gel (just spit on it) before starting....

Nancy Drew- If the problem persists try and eliminate if it is the strap or the actual computer by testing your strap with someone elses computer and their strap with your computer. My running watch started doing the same thing and got progressivly worse untill the HR stopped all together (even wif new batteries) everything works except the HR...Problem was with the watch and not the strap.

SwissVan2008-10-04 12:49:44

Guest Agteros

I had a T61 coded transmitter strap (S710i - with a new battery) and the readings became erratic and sometimes it got kinda 'stuck' on a specific HR. It is kinda weird to see that your HR stayed on 154 after a 400m in 'full flight ' on the athletics track!

I eventually figured that the straps battery is on the blink, and it needs replacing. The sad part is that on the T61 and T31 transmitter straps, the batteries are not replacable (alledgedly), and that Polar makes bike mounts from the recycled straps.

However, the newer Wearlink type belts are compatible (just confirm on the packaging) with the older belts, and their batteries are replaceable. I got one of them where the transmitter actually clips on and off from the belt, and now readings are fine again.

Click on thumbnail for larger view of new transmitter and belt:

http://s525.photobucket.com/albums/cc335/shudter/th_IMG_7412.jpg

Agteros2008-10-04 13:11:46

I've recently had the same problem with my Polar.

I replaced the battery on the transmitter belt thinking that would cure the problem but still got a HR reading of 235 on yesterday mornings ride.

On yesterday afternoons ride I used a new belt that I had spare and all HR readings were normal.

It would then appear that notwithstanding the religious cleaning of the HR belt it does eventually lose its conductivity and needs to be replaced.

Thanks for all the advice guys.. it didn't read my heart rate at all this morning, I thought maybe I had died and gone to heaven.. but Breedts Nek's a little steep so I decided that maybe I was in hell.

Nonetheless, I still have an old strap from my CS200, I'll try that first before buying a new one