CYCLE JARGON

Slave

A clincher is a type of tyre. Generally all the "main stream" wheels are clinckers. It's a tyre and tube system where the tyre hooks onto the rim. The alternative is a Tubby wich is a ture that is closes and has a tube inside. It does not hook unto the rim but get glued to special rims. The pros use them because of some or other reason. Us mortals in the back bunches should not ride tubbies because you can not replace the tube on the side of the road if you get a puncture.

Thanks mate.

(I seriously thought it migh have something to do with the quick-release wheel "disting")

Hey Slave' date=' WTF is a disting? Smile

[/quote']

Isn't that something like: "Disting are can like to be broken!"

Jargon is:

greasing a nipple

riding on the rivet

blades (instead of front gears)

cluster(instead of rear gears)

STI(instead of shimano shifters)

I have to come up for LEGEND, how the f*ck do you grease a nippleConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

Jargon is:

greasing a nipple

riding on the rivet

I have to come up for LEGEND' date=' how the f*ck do you grease a nippleConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

[/quote']

Cal TheLegend and thou shalt be served!

I have no clue how to grease a nipple and find it a bit gross. Or are there flavoured greases avaiable now? Usualy I use different lubricants (mostly natural like honey Big%20smile) for nipple creasing which can be applied by hand, finger, feet, lips,....whatever you can imagine, onto the surface of the object of matter.

clear?

uhm, I won't be able to sleep tonight - AGAIN!

Alternatively, the mechnical way, you can use your "grease gun" (or whatever it is called), put it on top at the opening of the object desired to be greased, and give it a nice squeeze until the surface is covered or you run out of grease. There's greases with different ingredients but I try to go for the as natural as possible route. 

Jargon is:

greasing a nipple

riding on the rivet

I have to come up for LEGEND' date=' how the f*ck do you grease a nippleConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

[/quote']

I have no clue how to grease a nipple and find it a bit gross. Or are there flavoured greases avaiable now? Usualy I use different lubricants (mostly natural like honey Big%20smile) for nipple creasing which can be applied by hand, finger, feet, lips,....whatever you can imagine, onto the surface of the object of matter.

clear?

Yoghurt or cream in a can also works nice...............  not known for its lubricating purposes but it does the jobClapClapClapClapClap

Jargon is:

greasing a nipple

riding on the rivet

[/quote']

clear?

Yoghurt or cream in a can also works nice...............  not known for its lubricating purposes but it does the jobClapClapClapClapClap

Oh, I absolutely agree with the yoghurt! We all are aware of the situation at hand: we are talking about slow moving objects where the lubricant/grease has enough time to run where it is supposed to be. Yoghurt flows slowly but still fast enough to reach its place.

Cream, and I suppose you are talking about whiupped cream, doesn't do the job and surprises me a bit. Can you please come up with scientific proof of your claim or pictures for demonstartion?

Jargon is:

greasing a nipple

riding on the rivet

[/quote']

clear?

Oh, I absolutely agree with the yoghurt! We all are aware of the situation at hand: we are talking about slow moving objects where the lubricant/grease has enough time to run where it is supposed to be. Yoghurt flows slowly but still fast enough to reach its place.

Cream, and I suppose you are talking about whiupped cream, doesn't do the job and surprises me a bit. Can you please come up with scientific proof of your claim or pictures for demonstartion?

Legend we will have to wait for JB to come online to really illustrate the advantages of using whipped cream in these applications.  I am merely quoting someone who heard from someone that this was a preferable method of lubrication.  I prefer yoghurt as a means of lubrication.   Chunky bits of strawberry have also known to work or be beneficial in this application

Hey Slave' date=' WTF is a disting? Smile

[/quote']

Ever had a conversation with an Indin Fella from Durban and all?

"Disting" refers to anything for which the name is not immediately known (or the word escapes us at the patricular moment in time) or is completely unknown.

For example, I do not know the exact term for the quick-release mechanism on a wheel axle. So I refer to it as a "Dis ting" as in this thing.

For the rest of you guys, I know not how this thread degenerated into a topic of discussion more suited to a barroom (or Rosettenville backstreet), but thanks for the ideas and tips on greasing.  I read them all in last years Hustler.LOL