• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What? You telling me there is more to a bike than just the frame

, wheels and groupsets?

You get gel saddles now as well.

And here I was thinking that cycling was just for hard@sses.

What? You telling me there is more to a bike than just the frame

' date=' wheels and groupsets?

You get gel saddles now as well.

And here I was thinking that cycling was just for hard@sses.
[/quote']

It's almost more important then a good frame or groupset. You can still ride with a campag bad groupset and Trek bad frame but a bad saddle can make you give up the sport. Oh, and a good pair of shorts aswell.

I am dreading the assmeter. I can't say i am found of the thought of a shop assistant up, close and personal to my lower checks smiley3.gif

I just ordered a second one for my other bike. Getting the team one like Onetime has in his photo. Like sitting on a comfy couch. I do have some creaking from my current one though so hopefully its not a common thing.

When I did my first 94.7, I did not have padded pants. (Maybe that's why it felt like I was still perched on the bike two days later).

The saddle used to make me bleed (as in pinch the urethra and put blood in the urine stuff).

Since I got some padded pants, it goes much better. No more red wee.

I thought that was all just normal stuff. My Sun (back in my school days, still had a leather saddle.

Biking was for tough ous back then. (hey I just figured where my brain damage came from. Too many hours on hard saddles damaged the brain housing and the brain. And I paid a therapist plenty to find this out in this forum in two days. That is good value for money).

Now we are all turning into a bunch of softies.

I take it Mampara, that there are some bad frames and bad group sets out there as well. LOL

They hurt like hell!!! - my ass is a lot happier on a Fizik Confused

I'll second that, the 143 and my a$$ didn't get on and I persisted for 2 whole painful months. Ouch

The Fizik on my race and Regal on my commute bikes get along just fine with my derriere Wink

Was pretty soon after i got it. I weighed 104Kg's at the time and am sure it had something to do with it. I'm down to 90 now so hopefully the new one will be OK.

I have 2.

They rock, after the first 2-3 week ass adjustment period. I can sit on mine for 200km on a stationary bike!! that says something!!

I tried the fizik but didnt like it.