What could it be?

Sabre484

I have the following very annoying problem on my bike.

I start cycling, everything is fine, once the bearings have heated up.. About 10 km's into the ride there is a clicking sound that starts on the non chainring side of the crank.

Now I originally thought that it is my cleat that is worn and causing the sound. I have decided to swop the two cleats around to see if the sound moves over to the righthand side but it is still there.

It makes a distinctive click when the crank arm is in the 11 o'clock position on the way down on the stroke. I have checked that the crank arms are fastened properly.

How do I determine if the BB is faulty or the pedal? I do not want this to break while riding. Problem is that this only happens when if have done a few Km's and when the LBS checks it it doesn't do it..

Please help!!!Cry

start with the pedals - i had the exact same thing and didn't take it to the shop cos i knew they wouldn't hear it. when i stopped by (on the bike) to book it for a service i mentioned it i was reprimanded and the pedal was instantly removed, bearings replaced and i was sent merrily riding off with no more clicking. duly chastised to not ignore any funny noises...

Had a similar problem on my bike and stripped and restripped the BB and cranks, changed cleats, pedals the lot - Final verdict the rear wheel spokes needed some tensioning and the sound eminated from the cranks - unbelievable but true.....

felty that's what i think is the problem with my front wheel, if i stand with a extra bit of weight on my front wheel i get a clicking noise.

Mostly hear it when in the sitting position... and not when just cruising. It is when I'm really working hard. Mostly on uphills as well.

Wacko

felty that's what i think is the problem with my front wheel' date=' if i stand with a extra bit of weight on my front wheel i get a clicking noise.[/quote']

Could be - mine was specifically on straight pull spokes and not j-bends

felty that's what i think is the problem with my front wheel' date=' if i stand with a extra bit of weight on my front wheel i get a clicking noise.[/quote']

Could be - mine was specifically on straight pull spokes and not j-bends

Try tighten you front skewer really tight and see if it improves. Could be something as simple as that.

A friend of mine had the exact same problem. The darn clicking noise would always appear on the left hand side at the 11 0 'clock position. After much fiddling with his bike, the problem turned out to be the linkage in his knee on his prosthetic leg. 

Check your denture's