Shaving

Slave

Milky.

When crashing at hi speed' date=' there is so much pain from the tar burn and the skin being ripped off, that I find it difficult to differentiate between the that pain and the releatively smal amount of pain from the hair bing ripped out.

I just cant see any logic in that argument.

[/quote']

Obviously you havent crashed & slid over tar in both instances i.e. with shaven legs & unshaven legs. I suggest you try it first then we can share the same opinion then.

You guys need to hone your skills and crash less. Big%20smile Unless you're a pro or very competitive amateur that gets at least three leg massages a week, leg shaving is purely for image; a form of commitment for many; and for some, habit. Personally, I can't see the point of body hair these days, so encourage its removal and management among cyclists and normal people alike...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Agteros

{STIR}

... You guys need to hone your skills and crash less. Big%20smile

Get an MTB and work on your 'technical' skills, then you won't crash and you may proudly strut your hairy legs as a trophy and certificate to your skills!!!! Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile

{/STIR}

feels good - and i can attest to being easier to pick off the scab, and less pain on the crashing side of things... much less painful to scrape the scab off the leg (shaven) than the arm (non-shaven)

Plus, it just feels good... colder in winter, but good...

Guest Agteros

feels good - and i can attest to being easier to pick off the scab' date=' and less pain on the crashing side of things... much less painful to scrape the scab off the leg (shaven) than the arm (non-shaven)

[/quote']

Everybody refers to crashing, scabs etc etc..... Who plans to fail? Or cycles to crash?

Except for vanity (looking good, is what pros do, et cetera, et cetera, ad nauseam) I fail to find a convincing reason to shave, and I stand to be convinced as well....

At the current price of shaving blades, rather shave as little as possible... There are even bearded guys winning local races!!!

feels good - and i can attest to being easier to pick off the scab' date=' and less pain on the crashing side of things... much less painful to scrape the scab off the leg (shaven) than the arm (non-shaven)

[/quote']

Everybody refers to crashing, scabs etc etc..... Who plans to fail? Or cycles to crash?

Except for vanity (looking good, is what pros do, et cetera, et cetera, ad nauseam) I fail to find a convincing reason to shave, and I stand to be convinced as well....

At the current price of shaving blades, rather shave as little as possible... There are even bearded guys winning local races!!!

It sometimes feels good to to leave the the middle ages in the pastWink

I think Hygiene should go with cleaning the wound after you've crashed' date=' it would then makes sense.[/quote']

I spoke to a doctor buddy of mine and he reckons that, so long as you do actually clean and disinfect the wound, it makes no difference whether you have hair or not.

[/quote']

Two things:

1. You shouldn't allow a scab to form (whole new topic, probably been covered lots on this site).
  2. Just shave your arms too.

Just shave your arms too.

But where do you stop?

Shave arms -> hairy chest looks silly

Shave chest -> hairy stomach looks silly

Shave stomach -> only hair left is in a place too sensitive to allow a blade or hot wax near Confused

So, shave your arms and you will have to shave your balls.Dead

Guest Agteros

But where do you stop?

Shave stomach -> only hair left is in a place too sensitive to allow a blade or hot wax near Confused

So' date=' shave your arms and you will have to shave your balls.Dead

[/quote']

With the only hair left on your body being on/in your feet, toes, nostrils, ears, face & head?Big%20smileBig%20smileTongueLOLLOLTongueBig%20smileBig%20smileAgteros2008-10-22 14:27:35

With the only hair left on your body being on/in your feet' date=' toes, nostrils, ears, face & head?Big%20smileBig%20smileTongueLOLLOLTongueBig%20smileBig%20smile[/quote']

What? Doesn't everyone wax their feet at the same time as their legs? Otherwise you look like a hobbit.Tongue

Guest Agteros

With the only hair left on your body being on/in your feet' date=' toes, nostrils, ears, face & head?Big%20smileBig%20smileTongueLOLLOLTongueBig%20smileBig%20smile[/quote']

What? Doesn't everyone wax their feet at the same time as their legs? Otherwise you look like a hobbit.Tongue

With the most oft-quoted reason being hygiene there surely ain't ANY reason to shave feet?

But what about all the other areas? 

But where do you stop?

So' date=' shave your arms and you will have to shave your balls.Dead
[/quote']

With the only hair left on your body being on/in your feet, toes, nostrils, ears, face & head?Big%20smileBig%20smileTongueLOLLOLTongueBig%20smileBig%20smile

...en holhareBig%20smile

Guest Agteros

...en holhareBig%20smile

ROFL

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Oom Olifant, oom Olifant jou snaakse dier. Sonder 'n grassie van voor, en met 'n grassie van agter.....

LOLLOL