Benoni Riders

ngala24

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, as long as there are no monsoon's the week before. ;->

I was thinking about coming to the last one but there was something else happening that day. Last time I was there I rode a drop-off with one foot not clipped in properly. I landed on the saddle and bent my seat post back 20 degrees. So for the next 20kms I had to ride out the saddle. I somehow managed to ride through the whole sandy section like that.

Tuesday to Friday - Meet at 05:00 for 05:10 at the BP garage on North Rand road (across from tour de Frans). Tuesday is race pace but Wednesday to Friday is easy

Saturday - Benoni world champs aka Pomona classic. Meet the bunch at about 06:30 on North Rand rd travelling east towards Northmead. The bunch flies past the same BP garage mentioned above so hang out until you see them if you like. This is a race pace ride

Sunday - various group rides starting at about 06:00 from Tour de Frans and Sweat n Gears.

I ride both but prefer mountain, been spoilt living in the south with miles of off road to ride.

Not your strongest rider but i can keep a good pace once i get fit again

Yeah' date=' as long as there are no monsoon's the week before. ;->

I was thinking about coming to the last one but there was something else happening that day. Last time I was there I rode a drop-off with one foot not clipped in properly. I landed on the saddle and bent my seat post back 20 degrees. So for the next 20kms I had to ride out the saddle. I somehow managed to ride through the whole sandy section like that.
[/quote']

haha! that's hectic! will do the nekkid dance to appease the weater gods!

I ride both but prefer mountain' date=' been spoilt living in the south with miles of off road to ride.

[/quote']

the guys from procycles usually get a two-hour ride on saturdays from 6 in the morn. phone paul on 011 425 2007.

By the looks of your avatar, you already have.

I ride both but prefer mountain' date=' been spoilt living in the south with miles of off road to ride.

[/quote']

ngala24 - Where you been boet?

Hey Bigben

I had a neck fusion done a while back so havent been allowed to ride, 4 more weeks and i should be good to go.

As you gathered im moving to Benoni but still work in mondeor so will be at rietvlei some evenings to ride a bit to avoid some of the tarffic and also for the night races

Hey Bigben

I had a neck fusion done a while back so havent been allowed to ride' date=' 4 more weeks and i should be good to go.

As you gathered im moving to Benoni but still work in mondeor so will be at rietvlei some evenings to ride a bit to avoid some of the tarffic and also for the night races

[/quote']

Good, to hear you are on the mend.

By the looks of your avatar' date=' you already have.
[/quote']

LOL

nah, i need the magenta feather boa for the proper dance. wanta see that pic?Wink

By the looks of your avatar' date=' you already have.
[/quote']

LOL

nah, i need the magenta feather boa for the proper dance. wanta see that pic?Wink

No Holy no!!!!!