Armstrong Wins On A 29er

Kiwi

would a MTB fixie be a fixed gear like a track bike? jumping a fixed gear bike is stupid!  Xenomorph, WHY?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

now he even needs to cheat by putting bigger wheels on to ride faster!!!!

LOL

is that not why everyone is riding 29ers forget about the marketing hype that it is more comfy and better ride i think its just to try beat the skinny boys on our 26ers smiley4.gif smiley4.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

"Your 29er Is Now Hopelessly Inadequate"

http://bikehugger.com/images/blogs/blonde36.jpg

Blond Fabs 36er...

"Your 29er Is Now Hopelessly Inadequate"

http://bikehugger.com/images/blogs/blonde36.jpg

Blond Fabs 36er...

Mmm....toe overlap issues there for sure

would a MTB fixie be a fixed gear like a track bike? jumping a fixed gear bike is stupid!  Xenomorph' date=' WHY?

[/quote']

Diversification of skilz!!!!! BOS1000 why doesn't a BMX have gears!

Hey bos1000 what bike are you jumping!, why don't you come to the jump track we are always looking for new diggers!

would a MTB fixie be a fixed gear like a track bike? jumping a fixed gear bike is stupid!  Xenomorph' date=' WHY?

[/quote']

Diversification of skilz!!!!! BOS1000 why doesn't a BMX have gears!
Hey bos1000 what bike are you jumping!, why don't you come to the jump track we are always looking for new diggers!

a singlespeed can be a fixie, but isn't necessarily one. i think you've confused the two terms. a bmx isn't a fixie.

I ride 29er' date=' these bikes excel in technical sections esp protruding rocks that want to stop yr momentum, I am tall and was concerned about riding tight slow switchbacks, but I tried it last week in Tokai and notice no negitives in this dept compared to 26" The only downside to 29 is acelleration and BMX style jumps are allot harder- use 26" fixie jump bike for that. I feel the advantages of 29 out weigh 26, even more so if you are tall. Drop-offs and wheelies are no problem either [/quote']

surely a singlespeed, not a fixie singlespeed?

Sorry got the terminology wrong, single speed is what I meant-Still learning here

I ride 29er' date=' these bikes excel in technical sections esp protruding rocks that want to stop yr momentum, I am tall and was concerned about riding tight slow switchbacks, but I tried it last week in Tokai and notice no negitives in this dept compared to 26" The only downside to 29 is acelleration and BMX style jumps are allot harder- use 26" fixie jump bike for that. I feel the advantages of 29 out weigh 26, even more so if you are tall. Drop-offs and wheelies are no problem either [/quote']

surely a singlespeed, not a fixie singlespeed?

Sorry got the terminology wrong, single speed is what I meant-Still learning here

no worries. keep jumping!Clap

to see a combination of the two, check this out: have posted this link before: www.smokebikes.com

Hey bud, I was riding a singlespeed myself, but a fixed gear singlespeed for jumping is a disaster looking for a place to happen bra, Imagin having to peddle up the launch, and through the bowls?? catch my drift.

I have sold my jump bike, such a pitty but it was gathering dust and I needed bucks to spend on my cruise.

My last  bike was a STP frame, sherman 100mm, Oddesy 41thermal with Ti axle, planet X single speed rear hub, Azonic stem, Phff, cant even remember the rest,  It was a lifelong project.

And about the building...Bro I built for many many years starting at school, then Cape town at the farm, We built the small line at the farm, we built, the jumps linking the big line, (who are you mate mabe you even built)

Im to busy now, time becomes to precious to dig for a entire saturday If thats your only riding/surfing day.

I have been doing some stuff on the tamboerskloof side of signal hill though..the darn trees just keep falling over and blocking the trail, ANYONE GOT A CHAINSAW OUT THERE?? WE SWOP, CHAINSAW FOR SINGLETRACK!