CSA Licensing 2009!!!!!

VincentBikes

Can't edit my details! Frustrating! When I got to the 'pay' screen, it only had road listed and no mtb, now I can't seem to change it.  As far as the address goes, I live in a complex, but there's no where to enter the complex name and number.

Also not sure how the pricing works - says R110 for licence, but then at one point total was R330, then when I checked out it was R90 + R55 ???Confused

Tried to check details on myrace site, but also can't update anything there.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CyclingSA no longer need  physical or postal address.. they can't use either (Carinus not into dropping by for tea) and posting cards is a nightmare. About 30% get stolen because they look like credit/loyalty cards.

This year all cards will be sent via courrier to your club/province. To arrive hopefully no longer than 3 weeks after you applied.  

We use the address field to get an X;Y co-ordinate, which allows us to accurately place you in the correct sporting province.. so your vote and racing points are correctly allocated. (this is why you can now license through any club in the country, should you so wish)

Ridr. Please e-mail me more detail on your application. I need to know if you paid club membership fees, CGC fees etc in adition to the licence fees before I can assist with this.  

The postal/physical address question seems to be quite common...We will put an explination on the site to explain.

As for editing details... this depends on what stage you try to edit. If you have already submitted the application, it's as if you have faxed off the form. You MAY still cancel (notifies the relevant party) but you can't edit because it is already sitting on on someone else desk for approval... stated in simple terms.

You may edit your details at any time by logging into your profile on the MyRace website. (give this a day or three because we are releasing a new version with more functionality.. Smile)

So far i must say i'm impressed,Myrace and Carinus are on the ball.As it is new i am sure there might be a few teething problems but so far so good.Just another question myrace,i cant remember been asked what cat i want to register for(vets,elite etc)What if i am 32 and want to race elite?So far the system has far less hassles than the new HDTVLOL 

This is another positive. Because CSA now have access to clean and accurate rider information, all racing licenses include a UCI code and international race licence component (less the extra R200!). Your ability to race outside of your age group (eg elite) will depend on your national seeding (run by CSA) and the event status... some exciting stuff in the pipeline.

Carinus can respond in more detail if necessary... 

Guaranteed there will still be a few teething problemsEmbarrassed but we have been hard at work since last year, improving every aspect of the licence application and distribution process.

No selection for direct affiliation, clubs not listed (Springs, Germiston, R42)

Also dont like this statement

Riders would not be able to see their results-data if they are not members, as per above description. Event managers will check for memberships, and the results / seeding service would not reflect non-member data.

Neither Springs, Germiston nor R42 have registered with CSA for 2009. They can get hold of me or Carinus and we will be happy to help if there is a problem.

As for CGC, we have no clarity from them as to how they are going to treat direct affiliation for 2009... e.g. form their own 'CGC Cycling club". In which case they also need to register one with CSA.

The postal/physical address question seems to be quite common...We will put an explination on the site to explain.

MyRace ... if personal address does not play a role in the database, then why was the address mandatory to fill in during the registration process?? If the database allows me to register via any club (except TCS I suppose), then why is my address location important in the database??

CGC can be joined direct for Cyclosport and Recreational lic but at this stage application must be made direct by filling and faxing in the forms on the CGC website or applying in person by showing your face.

MyRace ... if personal address does not play a role in the database' date=' then why was the address mandatory to fill in during the registration process?? If the database allows me to register via any club (except TCS I suppose), then why is my address location important in the database??[/quote']

I think you can only participate in a provincal championship in the province where you live

MyRace ... if personal address does not play a role in the database' date=' then why was the address mandatory to fill in during the registration process?? If the database allows me to register via any club (except TCS I suppose), then why is my address location important in the database??[/quote']

I think you can only participate in a provincal championship in the province where you live