Anyone tried the new Polar RS800CX

John H

I'm currently using the 725x but am struggling to maintain the 1m distance from another device required in order for the thing to work properly. No matter how many times I ask other Polar users in the bunch to keep their distance, I still get interference and wonky readings.

I'm currently using the 725x but am struggling to maintain the 1m distance from another device required in order for the thing to work properly. 

First I've heard of that requirement.

Sounds like you're 725x may not be functioning as it should.!

Haven't been fortunate enough to be exposed to the RS800CX, but it certianly looks like a nice toy.!
Thomo2008-11-18 00:42:25

Rookie, make sure you aren't using one of the older generation HR straps.  The newer ones are code-matched so once paired to your watch you won't get any interference.

The other issue which could allow what looks like crosstalk is when the battery in your strap is going...

Strap is on its way out.  Let the Polar guys check it out.

I have had no issues with my 510, 725 or my cs600 to date.

The unit is only a few months old after I replaced my 720. The manual does warn of interference from power lines, electromagnetic fields and other Polar devices. The W.I.N.D technology on the new unit is supposed to be totally interference free which is why I'm interested in other user's experiences. 

The CS600 has the W.I.N.D technology.

No issues.

I have had one or two spikes on rides but can count them on my one hand during the past 18 months. 

This was due to, I think, overhead power lines.  I have yet to pick up someone elses HR standing next to me. 

Then again......there are not a lot of people that likes standing next to me.......

Big%20smile

I saw some inaccurate readings in the last two races especially if someone with a polar rides next to me then the speed shows big numbers almost double that i am doing. I am going to try and move the speed sensor closer to the top of the fork and see if the problem stops. I am using the C100 the smallest/cheep one so i wont complain to hard.

Where are you standing when you start the Polar?

It could get confused if it tries to do the initial coding while a number of other Polars are around. After that, it should be OK.

We ride tandem and use Polar S725X HRM's..... closest proximity you can find and we never has any problems except forgetting to switch off or start sometimes!!!!!! That is old age and not a Polar function.

That so called Polar coded belts is a hogwash story! My coded belt works on my Blackburn on both my bikes and each has its own Blackburn.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

iv neva had any issues with the RS800cx bike and every1 i train with has polar HRMs and even when i had a T31 coded belt still no problem!

BOught a polar rs800cx PTE 5 days ago. Watch is awesome. HAs a problem, doesn't show ride info like heart rate or speed when downloaded on Pro trainer 5.......help?

jip no problems with my 800cx and sure is a leka toy. using it on both bikes and never had issues with interference from other users in big events.

I got the 800PTE edtion awesome watch, it does give a funky heart rate reading every now and then IE riding alone and it says my HR is 125% of max and I am on a flat having sip of water? but no cross talk