Check what I picked up........

AfricaMike

How's this beauty...picked it up on the weekend.  56cm Daccordi, full Dura Ace throughout with down-tube 'click' shifters.  Now the plan is to bling it up a bit with stainless spokes, a classic saddle (SanMarco apparently reintroducing the 'Rolls') and it's going to get a fresh coat of paint.  When last did you ride steel? Specifically Columbus SLX!!!  This bike just glides, it's absolute bliss.  Steel rocks!

20081124_060150_Daccordi.JPG

20081124_060239_Daccordi7.JPG

20081124_060322_Daccordi6.JPG

Wow! That is beautiful.

How much does it weigh? I ask because I am curious as to how much guys save these days with new groupsets and carbon bits. Is the new bling worth it or just hype?

Thanks for the comments.I paid R3,800 for it.  I have been searching for a top end classic steel for a while.  My dream is still to get a Eddy Merckx in 7-Eleven colours (my dream-team when I was a youngster after the movie "American Flyers" got me hooked on cycling for life)

The bike weighs in at 9.8kg's which, for it's day, was ultra superlight.  Unfortunately it looks like the bike spent a lot of time being baked by the sun - the paint on the top of the tubes has faded into what I would call a 'dirty yellowish white' (if that makes sense) and it's got a couple of scratches down to the metal.  So unfortunately it is going to have to pay a visit to CycleArt.  But i think the stainless spokes will also make a BIG difference.

Will post new pics as the restoration happens.

Absolutely beautiful mate... (he says as saliva drips steadily on the keyboard)

Stopped at a local repair shop the other day and saw an old peugeot stelie frame. Asked the guy how much he wanted for it - said it wasn't for sale. But it's still in the window, in the same state. No gruppo, no bars, just the frame itself...

Really wanted to just pick it up and run outta the shop!

Very nice. I would strongly recommend Cycle Art, especially if the paint is damaged like you say. Do you have any idea on the colour and scheme?

Please also let us know about the rolls saddle. No old steel bike is complete without one!

Old school is so COOL!! Pity about the shimano parts though. Italian Stallion needs Campy Dude! smiley2.gif