Thou Shalt Not...

Guest Agteros

Guest Agteros

Covet thy LBS' bikes.....CryCryCry

So I came to the realisation that the Raleigh Nomad ain't gonna do it for me although I can hold out for a while.

I took the Nomad for a check/strip/rebuild to a shop. Told them that I will most probably replace it with a new MTB some time next year.

They were quite keen to show me around a few bikes, and the 2009 Scott Scale 30 specifically.... It just needs shpongles... .then I could easily proposition it Embarrassed

Anycase... what a beaut of a MTB. I'm just concerned that the plastic frame (carbon fibre) might be going from one extreme to the other Confused

So at that pricepoint (I was quoted about 15K), what are my options, and is carbon too fragile for a competitivey minded middle of the pack (ok maybe a teeny weeny bit betterBig%20smile but still not a top 20) rider?

if it makes you happy, go for it!

personally, i still think alu is the best all round material for a bike (especially mtb)

Guest Agteros

<HIJACK>We'll take HR's word whether his stomach is empty or not. NO NEED to turn around and [dis]prove anything </HIJACK>

Guest Agteros

if it makes you happy' date=' go for it!

personally, i still think alu is the best all round material for a bike (especially mtb)
[/quote']

I have perception that the carbon fibre frame might puncture easier than alu with a fall or some mishap. Is this so?

If you gonna ride at the middle of the bunch and walk some sections then get the carbon .

But then I don't walk some sections.... Smile I'd rather pedal at 9km/h than walk, traction(mud) permitting! Teak Trek' s 2x100m hills after the rain come to mind...

<HIJACK>We'll take HR's word whether his stomach is empty or not. NO NEED to turn around and [dis]prove anything </HIJACK>

This begs the question:

can one hijack one's own thread?

Agteros kom ek se dit nou anyway ! Ek het al meer ouens gesien met carbon wat by sy agterend uitsteek na 'n race as wat ek highjackings gesien het . Maar my partner wat die Cradle Quest saam met gery het ry 'n vol carbon DS al vir paar jaar en die ding lyk nog soos nuut !

Which lbs do you frequent? R15 000 seams cheap. I am interested in one, but don't know the 2009 prices?

Guest Agteros

<MEGA HIGHJACK>

This begs the question:

So what happens if you report something stolen, find it later but neglect to withdraw the theft report and the police finds the stolen item in your posession? Technically you are in possession of stolen property which makes you an accomplice to the theft...

Now did I press that REPORT button or not....?Confused

</MEGA HIGHJACK>

<MEGA HIGHJACK>

This begs the question:

So what happens if you report something stolen' date=' find it later but neglect to withdraw the theft report and the police finds the stolen item in your posession? Technically you are in possession of stolen property which makes you an accomplice to the theft...

Now did I press that REPORT button or not....?Confused

</MEGA HIGHJACK>
[/quote']

I'd say it makes you the thief! ShockedShocked

Wink

Guest Agteros

Agteros kom ek se dit nou anyway ! Ek het al meer ouens gesien met carbon wat by sy agterend uitsteek na 'n race as wat ek highjackings gesien het . Maar my partner wat die Cradle Quest saam met gery het ry 'n vol carbon DS al vir paar jaar en die ding lyk nog soos nuut !

Dit is sleg(duur)? of 'n goeie ding?