2 hell and back 29th Jan

FasterThanFast

HAs anyone done this?

What type of road is it.

will i be ok with Maxxis CrossMarks or will i be

needing something alot more grippy?

i asume there is no singletrack

does anyone have a profile available.

It's never been done like this (all in one go) - well not in a race anyway..

The road conditions are usually good, but it does depend on the amount of rain and traffic....

E.g. Recently did all 4 days of the Hell & Back (in on Thursday, out on Friday, back in on Sat & back out on Sun)

There was a marked differance in the condition of the road on Sat as opposed to Thursday, obviously due to all the vehicles follwing the race in and out of "Die Hell"

But, back to your question, Cross mark will be perfectly fine.

There's no single track.

I only have a profile of the usual route, form Oudtshoorn's (De Hoop) side going up the Swartberg pass.

This one day event we'll be climbing from Prins Albert's side.

So i think it will be harder than Attakwas. imagine the feeling when you make the U turn in the kloof, and you look up.

So i think it will be harder than Attakwas. imagine the feeling when you make the U turn in the kloof' date=' and you look up.

[/quote']

My strategy will be to push up that moerse 4kay climbDead I think I am in. My wife is gonna kill me and so is Spud.

another question.

where is this place? how far from Cape Town.

i dont know the northern cape at all, only know how to get to Ceres.

Directions and distance please

So i think it will be harder than Attakwas. imagine the feeling when you make the U turn in the kloof' date=' and you look up.

[/quote']

Fortunately you won't be doing an immediatte u-turn. You'll do an extra few km's into the kloof, with a 30min compusary stop, before you head back out...

[/quote']

You talking about this one Groot Lem?

20081208_015418_hellback_hel1.jpg

It is a real Beatch.Dead

there's a one day version of this in jan? details, link?

sounds like a real stoopid idea, the heat will be a killer. hot as hell comes to mind.

profile from prince albert to die hel. swartberg pass se moer!20081208_020326_P20_Prince_Albe.jpg

What do you estimate the winning time to be?

I've done the two stage event twice and the 40km coming back out of "Die Hell" is tough.... very tough!!

What do you estimate the winning time to be?

I've done the two stage event twice and the 40km coming back out of "Die Hell" is tough.... very tough!!

I would guess around 6hours. (Excluding the compulsary 30min stop)

Ooo, sounds like a super idea, were can I find a link to enter?!?!?!?! Would be interesting to compare it to Attakawas, I'd say this one should we easier, we traveling on big open roads after all?