NCR. Retrenched.

Caerus

Damn guys, I don't know what I will do if this must happen to me. Good luck to you all. And keep looking at the horizon.

The wife just got her second redundency in 4 months, looks like Oz may be sooner then expected.

The wife just got her second redundency in 4 months, looks like Oz may be sooner then expected.

I read in the paper yesterday that the contestants on Masterchef Australia are each being paid R3500 a week. Which is just below the county's minimum wage and way below the average. That is R14000 a month. Where in this country is that minimum wage?

Can anyone help with retrenchment advice? :(

Holy ancient thread batman.

/in before necromancy called.

Holy ancient thread batman.

/in before necromancy called.

Something stinks with this, surely you would know the financial situation of a large business 4 months ago? Its hectic, just as we get back on track from the last one, this happens :(

Something stinks with this, surely you would know the financial situation of a large business 4 months ago? Its hectic, just as we get back on track from the last one, this happens :(

You're preaching to the choir here, after being retrenched, I was "marginally" employed for 6 of the 8 months we had so far this year...

Caerus, why you dig up such an old thread?! Here I thought that my buddy wannabe was being retrenched AGAIN..... then I checked the date.

What is it that you need to know? Procedures that need to be followed, etc?

Last post Dec 2008?! ummmmm

anywhos - depends on what you need help on - know of someone (CT based) that can give you advice on whether your wife can make a case or not

Yeah just advice on procedures and just general advice as to whether there could be a case here, I've just tried CCMA but that was as helpful as a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Please can you PM me any details.

Sorry about the old thread :lol: Keep it all in one place for any others that may need some help in the future ;)

Edited by Caerus

Last post Dec 2008?! ummmmm

Necromancy and recurring discussions are two weak points of this forum that require serious moderation.

Yeah just advice on procedures and just general advice as to whether there could be a case here, I've just tried CCMA but that was as helpful as a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Well, to be fair, the CCMA is for labour disputes. It's really their place to do anything about retrenchments.

You can get UIF if you've been retrenched. But the bottom line is, if the company followed the correct procedure, then retrenched is what you are.

Necromancy and recurring discussions are two weak points of this forum that require serious moderation.

I did think of you while searching to see if anyone else had started one :lol: Please do explain the necromancy view point though :rolleyes:

Please do explain the necromancy view point though :rolleyes:

It's not a point of view. Thread Necromancy is a long established art.

Forum necromancy (a.k.a. Thread necromancy) is the dark art of resurrecting long-dead forum threads on the official WoW forums by posting something new in them and sending them to the very top of the list. This heinous act is not to be mistaken with a "bump" -- sending a baby thread with trouble attracting viewers' eyeballs back to the top of the list. "Bumping" is no more reprehensible than "grinding" is. But beware those who seek to raise dead topics from the grave! These people are dangerous and Blizzard will punish them.

A lot of forums have a rule regarding necromancy in the TOC:

Fortunately, Blizzard's Gruul-like defender of the forums smashed this zombie-thread with the following words:

As a rule of thumb, bumping an old discarded thread to the first page is considered to be against the Forum Code of Conduct. While there are indeed exceptions based on the topic and circumstances, in general it is recommended not to post in this manner, as it can lead to suspensions of one's posting privileges.

A good guideline to go by is that if the most recent post in a thread is over a month old then it would be better not to reply to that thread.

From my experience, some threads (like this one) should be dead. Your post while appearing relevant, is actually not relevant to the OP (Original Post) at all, and this thread should be moderated, and you should receive an infraction.

Necromancy is not an easy thing to moderate, and each thread requires individual thought from the moderator. Something I think this forum could do with.

Edited by TNT1

Well, to be fair, the CCMA is for labour disputes. It's really their place to do anything about retrenchments.

You can get UIF if you've been retrenched. But the bottom line is, if the company followed the correct procedure, then retrenched is what you are.

I understand this to a certain degree, but why go about a stringent recruitment process simply to employ someone for three months filling the applicants head full of hope, telling them this is the right place for her, telling her to turn down the other offer( which she duly did) as this was a place where she could grow. Do people have no morals or ethics? They essentially then lured her into the company with false intentions.

There is no way on gods green earth that they did not know financially what was happening 4 months ago when they went about the recruitment process. The dept my wife is in brings in most of the clubs revenue, which are short staffed as it is, they could do with more staff not less, this beggars belief in my mind. They already do about 2 hours overtime 3 out of 5 days in a week. The say they cannot afford to pay the overtime so they get given time off in lieu, which then they turn around and say we cannot afford to not have you in the office.

I dunno, something may or may not happen, just need to explore all avenues.

some of the basic outlines of the procedures that have to be followed:

- contract workers go before permanent staff - I've been there too :thumbdown:

- they need to inform the workers that retrenchment will happen, and allow for time to come up with suggestions of how to prevent "letting them go" (eg. 1/2 day, pay cut, etc.)

- then there's the rest

if she was on contract (assuming so as it seems like it's in 4 months time) or still on probation, then she has to get the notice period either in work time, or in payout

anyways - will PM you the details of the person 2nite - got the stuff @ home