Now I've seen it all

ChrisH

Driving over the bridge next to Old Mutual in Pinelands this afternoon I saw a cyclist who had come across a broken bottle on the side of the road and had stopped to sweep up the glass with a little dustpan and brush that he obviously carries with him for this purpose.

Dude I don't know who you are, but 1000 points for you.Clap

next time you see him, you should catch him and have some science geek clone the guy...

no more punctures!!!

CH I'll second that. Could also think of interesting uses for the pan and brush if I ever caught one of the A@@eholes who throw bopttles in the streets!

i'll be surprised if i didnt have to dodge broken bottles on a sunday morning! Angry

i think there was about 4 or 5 going up blackhill towards sunvalley yesterday

I want to pay this guy to ride my routes.

I wish there was some way to get traffic dept. or people who get involved in road accidents to clean the resultant glass out of the road.

I think they should force these useless towtruck drivers to clean up properly after accidents. But then, they are towtruck drivers because they're useless.Confused

On my way home yesterday evening I encountered exactly that. A broken bottle in the middle of an intersection (very busy one at that) I had no way to dodge the glass and went right through. needless to say my brand new mtb tyre is now badly cut up. it gave me a huge cut in the back tyre.

luckily the stans stopped the cut after about all the air blew out.  I will have to plug that sucker as i am afraid it will open up again if i go offroad.

We need more people like this guy to clean up our streets and more policing (and education) to stop the stupid people from breaking bottles in the road.

Wats up with the festive season... ppl must go drinking and then toss their empty glass bottles out the car window...ClapAngry Suikerbossie camps side is full of glass patches...

What pro active steps can cyclists take to prevent this from happening?

Can SAB not promote responsible consumption w responsible "recycling" of the empties? or should we bitch about it on the hub and keep puncturing?

Fortunately I havent really noticed an excess of broken glass. That said, I've been riding out to stellenbosch in the mornings, and the students are all away on holiday, so its pretty quiet

usually when i drink and drive i feel it much better throwing my glass bottles out of the window.....when i stop at my house i do not have to clean my car!!! PLUS it saves me a lot of time!!Thumbs%20Up

*ok...running now*

Where do you put a broom and dustpan on your road bike?

In the backpack you have on. No doubt with the cleaning cloths and Handy Andy.

Actually I think I'm going to submit this as a rider to rider tip on bicycling.co.za.

'When riding along the road and your way is blocked by a sea of broken glass, just whip out your dustpan and brush and clean it all up to save yourself from getting a punture'.

The shoes are mine.Smile

usually when i drink and drive i feel it much better throwing my glass bottles out of the window.....when i stop at my house i do not have to clean my car!!! PLUS it saves me a lot of time!!Thumbs%20Up

*ok...running now*

...don't forget your coat Wink

*ok...running now*

...don't forget your coat Wink

.....and your capWink