Now happy chappy - Garmin 705

Konaman

My LBS ordered me a Garmin 705 almost 3 weeks ago through a company called Tribal  zone trading. It was paid for then' date=' and unfortunantly I am not going to have my Christmas present  (to myself) on time this year. Seems like Father Christmas needs a GPS to find us here in the "boendoes".
Has anybody else also had bad dealings with this company, because we are now thinking of  threatening  them with legal action,for non delivery.
[/quote']

Serves you right for giving Afrikaans speaking people "***". Kry vir jou soutie.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My LBS ordered me a Garmin 705 almost 3 weeks ago through a company called Tribal  zone trading. It was paid for then' date=' and unfortunantly I am not going to have my Christmas present  (to myself) on time this year. Seems like Father Christmas needs a GPS to find us here in the "boendoes".
Has anybody else also had bad dealings with this company, because we are now thinking of  threatening  them with legal action,for non delivery.
[/quote']

Serves you right for giving Afrikaans speaking people "***". Kry vir jou soutie.

Eish!

Ouch

Just for your info big.mamma -  I am not a soutie and I deserve service like anybody else if I paid for a product. On Saturday it will be 30 days since we paid over the money to Tribal trading zone, and I am sure you would also have been totally peeved off, is this happened to you, because one expects service when you pay lots of money for something. Am I unreasonable to expect service?

Be this a  warning to other people trading with this company that they must not be in a hurry to get what they paid for.

I am asking for a refund from them tomorrow and its the last time I will ever try and buy a Garmin product in South Africa from Tribal trading zone or Avnic!

...... I have been waiting over a year for a Sigma lens to be repaired. In the meantime its cost me R16k to get something I can use to carry on putting food on the table.

I am very surprised Konaman, Avnic has always been top of their game in Garmin issues, Hang, I even had one that was 4 or 5 years old which had a screen problem, took it in and they fixed it for me, upgraded the maps, and I think they charged me something like R180.00

Do you have proof of payment to Tribal Zone? If you do take it to Avnic and ask them to sort it out, if you dont ask your bike shop for the proof of payment, then do the same, with proof of payment, I can almost guarantee they will sort it out immediately.

I really,really, think there is a financial issue here - somebody is not paid and there is no stock forthcoming, there can be no other explanation.

My LBS has proof of payment for the 3rd of December to Tribal trading zone. Tribal also said they have proof of payment to Avnic. My guess is that money was taken, and they have an out of stock situation. But why are they not honest about  it? Anyway, I have canceled my order now and my LBS will be asking for a refund on Monday , when everybody is back from the sea.

Okay,fair enough.!!

I would be surprised if Avnic has no stock at this time of year, this is a very popular line, especially for christmas, but even if they have run out, it makes no sense to not tell you, then at least you know it will be here in xyz days.

That dosnt sound like the service I and many others recieved from Avnic.    

I still think theres another issue, but Hey, I understand, its frustrating.

I am with porky, on this one. I really doubt it's a stock issue, although I may be wrong. I also feel as if their is another problem somewhere. I feel it's a little unfair to take Avnic to task without hearing from their side. I would contact Jason on Monday (2 more days), and see what he has to say. Get your refund in the mean time, but contact Jason anyway, and find out what he can do for you. I have put my *0*& on the block before, on another post, and I am still a happy manLOL. Honestly, I think you will be surprised with Jason's actions. Give it a try.

https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum_posts.asp?TID=28610&KW=muxman+garmin+avnic&PN=7

https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum_posts.asp?TID=29637&KW=muxman+garmin+avnic&PN=1

Pocketbikes2009-01-02 14:37:55

Pocketbikes - i have only read fantastic things about Avnic on this website and thats why its such a surprice to me, why somebody messed up like this -  would just like to get to the bottom of it. I am sure they will up their game after this complaint. Will post the response once I have it from them. 

I spoke to a Mr Johan de Bruyn over lunchtime, and he phoned me back with an answer 10min later.

He admitted the fault was with Avnic and not  with Tribal trading zone, and apologized for the bad service.

I  refuse to buy a Garmin product again and cancelled the  order anyway because of the service I got.

End of story

Konaman, I understand your frustration. However, my son sent me a 305 for my birthday from the UK. At the 2007, 94.7, it stopped functioning. I took it to Avnic and they replaced it there and then!!! I think somebody at Avnic needs their ass kicked!

I spoke to a Mr Johan de Bruyn over lunchtime' date=' and he phoned me back with an answer 10min later.

He admitted the fault was with Avnic and not  with Tribal trading zone, and apologized for the bad service.

I  refuse to buy a Garmin product again and cancelled the  order anyway because of the service I got.

End of story
[/quote']

Oi, thats sad, I had high hopes for a successfull outcome based on my and others experience with Avnic, but it seems they dropped the ball this time.

At least they were man enough to admit fault .......but why cancel the order when they are honest ......?

Its a matter of principle. Why battle for 4 weeks to get an honest answer out of them. I dont do business like that. Will rather get a Polar 800 now and forget about maps etc

Konaman this was a totally unfortunate situation. I have never had dealings with Avnic so can't speak about their service.

But I'm with you on cancelling the order. If I don't get service from a company then I rather go somewhere else. It shows that you are not prepared to put up with dishonest / poor service.

I just feel that by cancelling the order Konaman, nobody wins.!

I agree its a poor show, but Hey, we all make mistakes, sometimes they can be easily fixed and everyone gos away feeling fine, sometimes it more difficult and requires a bit of "give and take" sometimes its just plain impossible.

I would have negotiated with them, tell them you were unhappy and ask for compensation in the form of something, a discount, a free map or training programme, an upgrade or just ask for compensation and leave it up to them.

Dont be afraid to ask, you may be surprised at the answer, just keep it civil and polite.

By cancelling you only get your money back but you are still frustrated about the issue, I understand your reluctance toaccept the product but turn it to your advantage if you can,if not, well then cancell.!

porky2009-01-06 02:29:25