Now happy chappy - Garmin 705

Konaman

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ordered my garmin 305 on monday lastweek from oom Jan at centurion cycles, recieved it on friday (4 days including a public holliday)WinkWinkWinkWink

Avnic gave distribution of their fitness range to Tribal Zone.

I agree with you, a three week delay is unacceptable. 

Most of these online retailers (not just cycling retailers) I have noticed, take your money online and only supply the goods 4-6 weeks later as they in turn order from another supplier, possibly aboard?

I have order music instrument parts, paid online while commiting on the order, yet the status of the order shows delivery time in 6 weeks.

Avnic gave distribution of their fitness range to Tribal Zone.
I agree with you' date=' a three week delay is unacceptable.  [/quote']

Hmmm, not everyone can become a Garmin reseller, Avnic imposes some hectic criteria - I am inclined to think the fault lies not with Tribal Zone, but "perhaps" with your LBS, get Tribal Zones contact numbers and enquire if they have recieved payment from your LBS?

No pay, no ship.!!

......just a thought from my own past experience.! - things are not always as they seem.!   
porky2008-12-23 01:32:38

My LBS ordered me a Garmin 705 almost 3 weeks ago through a company called Tribal  zone trading. It was paid for then' date=' and unfortunantly I am not going to have my Christmas present  (to myself) on time this year. Seems like Father Christmas needs a GPS to find us here in the "boendoes".
Has anybody else also had bad dealings with this company, because we are now thinking of  threatening  them with legal action,for non delivery.
[/quote']

How much did iy set you back?

Payment has been paid 3 weeks ago to Tribal zone  on the 3rd of December as they are the wholesaler to bikeshops.  Tribalzone dont know what is going on. They cant supply tracking numbers or a reason for not sending.  Somebody is blocking it and its either Tribalzone or Avnic or both. We always hear praises of Avnic's efficiency on this website. Why dont they do some damage control and find out what and where is the problem? If their main supplier to bikeshops can manage their own business, then Avnic must cancel their contract.  Having to wait for 3 weeks is not on. My LBS is now going to try and  get the money back from Tribalzone for lack of services delivery and total ineffeciency. 

What I cant understand, is why are people so dishonest. No company can be build on excuses and promises. I hope these 2 companies take note of this, or I can guarantee you that they are going to fail.

If there is anybody out there that deal with either of these companies, pls  tell them about this problem. Maybe somebody will then catch a wake up.

Konaman2008-12-23 06:56:49

Here's a kerazeee idea. Phone Avnic and speak to them instead of slagging them off on The Hub.

I  have a feeling they will help you if you just ask. At least give them a chance, or are you hoping that they will just miraculously stumble on your post while spending their days surfing the web.

We have been trying for 2 weeks daily  to get an answer. When we phone Avnic, they say we must speak to the Tribal zone guys and vice versa.

Latest today is that they are now closed, and will sort it out in the new year. End of story

Contact Jason at Garmin. He is a hubber under the name "Garmin" and here is a link to his details https://www.bikehub.co.za/member_profile.asp?PF=3918 I think he is away, as he was last online on the 22 dec. His direct number at the office is 0112519993 or switchboard 0112519999. Jason is the sales director, and he will sort your problem out, he is not the type to 'pass the buck'.

For what it is worth, I had a problem with my edge 305,just after the warranry expirie date a year later.  The garman guys in fourways replaced it with a new unit with out the slightist problem.  I rate their service tops