helmet cam for mtbiking

mapei

I would like to know what helmet cam I can use or handlebar cam while mtbiking. If anyone can help with names of cams or suppliers I can contact, please pm me.  I'm looking for a cam that will take a stable video and have a rather long recording time. 

It all depends on what you are willing to pay. For R1200 you can get the Action cam from Cape union. I have one and it is not to bad at 30 frames per sec. It takes 2gig SD card and on best quality you can get about 1 our. You can get more that 3 ours but then you frame rate is 15 and resolution is not to good. Thy also make one that can take 4gig but it looks a bit to big.

http://www.oregonscientific.co.za/

Hmm... you guys got me thinking! I could get one for use on tour de tuli!!but would have to get lots of sd cards!!

It all depends on what you are willing to pay. For R1200 you can get the Action cam from Cape union. I have one and it is not to bad at 30 frames per sec. It takes 2gig SD card and on best quality you can get about 1 our. You can get more that 3 ours but then you frame rate is 15 and resolution is not to good. Thy also make one that can take 4gig but it looks a bit to big.

http://www.oregonscientific.co.za/

Cant you just pop in a bigger sd card to take more footage?

Got one 2, they are very cool. I recorded a very nice 55 minute hill climb up the Hela-Hela pass in December with it. Worked very well! It comes with a bike and helmet mount but no memory cardUnhappy I read somewhere on the net that the bigger cards (4gb) would work but no luck.

55mins is a long time!

Thats perfect, i want to use mine to capture the downhills at giba gorge and the tracks to go over them to see what im doing wrong and how i can improve my times. And on the odd occasion to use for fun, videos with friends etc

Just a world of advice, I found that th video is more stable when you use it as a helmet cam and not mounted to the bike (MTB)

I mounted the cam on my handle bars, and it picked up lots of road noise/tyre noise. Probably better on the helmet or shoulder.