drakensberg ride, awesome views

ark

anyone out there done the ride up Mike's Pass ?

Nah, but I regularly pass Mike when I ride with him...

anyone out there done the ride up Mike's Pass ?

No...what do you do when you get to the top?Just come down again?

Walked down it many times when hiking through from Ndema.

there is a duathlon i want to do which involves a trail run & then a ride up & down mike's pass. i am gonna do the ride part

There was a race there many years ago. Up the pass, a loop around the top and back down again. Here is a map. 20090113_045625_Andre_20060602_.jpg

Not the race. I rode the whole trail a number of years back on a fully rigid bike & all I can remember was that it was the most uncomfortable experiece ever. From what I can remember the trail was pretty good. This was a long time ago though, so I am not sure in what state it is now. Maybe phone the hotel & find out from them.

20090113_070433_P1060864.JPG

The Berg is such a lekker place... we stayed near Underberg during Christmas and did our base training there... We also climbed the mountain in the photo on one of our rest days.

I mtbiked up sani-pass last year - that's about 60 km from 'our' farm... they are busy tarring the pass. The stretch from the hotel to Himeville is almost done...

I participated in the first MTB weekend at Cathedral Peak Hotel. We rode up Mike's Pass then along a newly opened track at the top. Absolutely awesome, riding on top of the world.

The hotel's MTB trails are awesome too.