oiling/greasing moving soft tail parts.

Slowbee

when you have been riding for a while and done a few cleans of the bike and ridden through water ALOT, do you need to put a wee bit of oil on the pivot points of the rear suspension ?

should you oil all moving parts?

not debating which oil, just asking if you should.

Some things you really should just send a few well placed PM's for... This thread will end in sheer lunacy.

Unfortunately, the probability that what you learn will have nothing to do with your original question is quite high...

i like oiling nipples... makes them look SO much better. And helps extend the life span.Embarrassed

seriously though... a bit of oil never hurt, and you can also use graphite powder for even better lubrication (not on real nipples, mind... could be interesting to say the least) on non chain-related parts.

And after a bit of time those pivot points etc will need a bit of help for all the work they've done...

As a rule, i oil everything that has a possibility of breaking down due to extensive use and friction... (oh dear - just opened another can of worms, didn't I?)

Just don't do it after every ride!!!

what do the LBS' say?

Um for greasing nipples you shpould go to a more adult store than a LBS... (by the why wtf is a LBS?)

what do the LBS' say?

dont trust the LBS fand, they will land up just trying to sell me something.

uuuuuh man, this thread topic is the best ever! well done slowbee - if you could only pls get the topic into the right direction, as some others already tried, THIS IS ABOUT NIPPLES!

sorry, it's my fault with the LBS hijack...

Right, so what grease is he correct for nipples?

On topic, I regularly strip down my rear suspension to clean off all dirt and then apply a tiny portion of lube to each surface that may encounter friction. I know when I first took it apart there seemed to be no sign of lube, just teflon like washers. However to avoid expensive replacements on the suspension I have stuck to adding a bit of lube.

That said in tonights scheduled service I will be very sparing on the amount of lube, too much and it only attracts dirt and becomes more like a rubbing compound.

Not sure what the LBS would say, but don't care. Don't have much confidence in them.