Carnival City MacSteel National Classic

Frosty

So, who's doing it?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. So, who's doing it?

• Already entered (thank you!!)
    • Thinking about it (entries close 9-Feb)
    • Not for me (care to elaborate?)

Entries are open for this classic - 22 Feb from 06:30.

Some reasons why we want to see you at the race:

1. Multiple number collection points:

Cycle Lab, Centurion Gate Centre
(Corner John Vorster and <?: PREFIX = ST1 />
Akkerboom Street
), Centurion;
Thursday 19th February 2009, from 09h00 - 17h00 

Cycle Lab, Fourways, Design Quarter Shopping Centre
(corner William Nicol Drive & Leslie Road East);
Friday 20th February 2009, from 09h00 - 17h00 

Tour de Frans Cycles
(corner Atlas and
North Rand Road
), Boksburg;
<?: PREFIX = O />

Saturday 21th February 2009, from 09h00 ? 14h00Saturday 21th February 2009, from 09h00 ? 14h00

2. Timed By: ChampionChip

3. The route is:

well established, the same as 2008 - flat and fast. It was also the first race to use the road around the greater East-Rand);

(literally) swept the day before to clear all loose sand. Potholes are filled, danger points marked, and your safety considered;

4. The orgnisers have taken some of the constructive criticism from the past events to improve on for 2009.

5. Early-bird entries go into the draw for a holiday prize!!

If you haven't entered yet, copy the link below and get entering: https://secure.supersport.co.za/cyclelab/eventEntries/pages/login/specialrules.asp?hid_eventid=1230

Yesterday's Pre-ride track-data (for those with a Garmin) available at: http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/7478477
Frosty2009-02-05 08:30:48

Will do it for the first time this year.

Just trust that CChip will send through the results afterwards for seeding purposes.

Still waiting for results to be sent through of:

Powerade Kremetart 2008

Mountain 2 Mountain 2008

Sungardens Carousel 2008

Ride Mag Crater Cruise 2008

Rand Water Race for Victory 2008

Bakwena Post Office Classic 2008

Results for last year's race were updated on 09-May, only 4 days after other races from the same time period (Argus, Emperors, Randfontein).

That is great and that is the way I was used to CChip doing it.

Lately something is the matter, because CChip do not answer any emails. And not just emails from myself. I used to be one of the organisers of one of the Classics and for all the years I was involved with it, all my correspondence with CChip (contract, enquiries, email sent to all chip holders, etc.) was done via email. No problems whatsoever.

Since November they have not answered a simple query from my side. A month later I started sending my query every 2nd day. The lady responding to the 'info' email-address all of a sudden last week replied, but only asked me to stop sending the email because only Colin can answer the question, although my mail was directed at Colin and the info address????

Now as far as I know, if that is the case, she could have asked Colin for an answer, not so?

So I am just hoping that for your race the results will be forwarded for seeding purposes without any hassles.

Meanwhile all the results of the races I have mentioned, are still not forwarded to be included in seeding.

Looking forward to the race. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, a seperate category for those wanting to do the 103Km distance on a MTB. guess it has to make up for the lack of a dirt-ride the day before... as it clashes with the Sabie Classic.

I've done a few MTB rides in the area opposite the Carnival, the new housing complexes makes it a bit tricky to get around, some single track around the dam with stream crossings but i cant find any long tracks. Will keep trying though as its fun.

the perfect scenario would be to hold the dirt event at Carnival, but as you say the developments around the area will make it difficult.

Merv has thought about holding a MTB event at Rietvlei, but that will only be from next year.

Any chance of me getting some of the gps data if you ever find some worthwhile tracks? PM me for my e-mail address.

I've done a few MTB rides in the area opposite the Carnival' date=' the new housing complexes makes it a bit tricky to get around, some single track around the dam with stream crossings but i cant find any long tracks. Will keep trying though as its fun. [/quote']

Dude? Are you lost? We ride from Carnival through to hiedelberg off road...