Thorn in my tire

Lulu

In the area where I live people seem to love thorn trees, which leads to lots of thorns in the road and punctures at the most inopportune of times.  I currently seem to have a piece of thorn stuck in the tire at an angle that does not allow me to extract it easily.

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Is it worth is for me to try get it out? Or replace the tire? (It?s only three weeks old)

Thanx

tried that, I only get little pieces.  seems this thorn is pretty happy where it is and is not planning on going anywhere until it has competely disintegrated.

lulu if it is road bike i would recomend the conti gatorskin +- r200 each . i went thru quite a bit of glass on sunday and tyres are still good .

Lulu..... don't listen to old "toothless one"/ Mud Dee, I think he's just having a real stinker of a dayWinkLOL

Come now Mud Dee surely Lulu would have tried that before posting?

See if you can't bend the tyre where the thorn is and then try to get it out, otherwise to save yourself alot off trouble, chuck it and get a new one... maybe Gatorskins as hagar suggested

it's a road bike. and the piece of thorn is in the outer tire, not the tube.

looks like the thorn went in at a weird angle. seems the bit that is left is, not sure my terminilogy is correct, in the thread, the thick bit of the tire.  you can't really see it from the outside but on the inside you can see the piece still there.

ja psycho en ek dog die mense hier oppie wes kus kan suip. nee lyk my dis al wat hulle daar in daai plek doen ek het nog nooit so baie glas gesien nie net groen en bruin CryCry nie goed vir die lewer nie

Ja hagar, maar onthou nou weer die flippen See Briessies van die WesKaap het mos nou gaan staan en in hulle se ma in verloor teen die verdomde Cheetha'sAngry dan moet n man maar so paar huil dronkies instelWink

ja dit ook nog en die nuwe jersies is nou ook die blou kleur lyk my hulle wil nou soos ons vriende vannie noorde wees . die bulle maatjies wat daai haaie so opgevreet het .   Lulu getting back to the topic do yourself a favour and when you get new tires get them skins.

Instead of trying to pull it out, try to manipulate it forward by using a needle. I had something similiar and when i tried to pull it out it broke off. I then used a needle to pull it through from the other side.

ja dit ook nog en die nuwe jersies is nou ook die blou kleur lyk my hulle wil nou soos ons vriende vannie noorde wees . die bulle maatjies wat daai haaie so opgevreet het .   Lulu getting back to the topic do yourself a favour and when you get new tires get them skins.

Ja SharkyWinkTongueLOLLOL

Anyway Lulu, here is how to ask for gator skins...... Walk in with a real bad ass attitude and look em sales ppl straight in the eye like you wanna spit on them, and then ya say...... Wazup my bitches? Hows about ya dogs slapp me some skinns??!!!!!WinkTongueLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Sorry but I could not resist this one, too many late nights WinkTongueLOL with lots of beer and no nakednessLOLLOL

'k, I'll try that... and then turn around and leave, returning the following day after the sales people have recovered from laughing themselves half to death!

my gangsta style needs some practise Embarrassed

Not a problem Lulu we'll sorts ya out no time...... rember da brother's or sista's chains (gold)ne..... and some real keka pimp shades Da bigga da betta...... (nee Jelly nie wit monsterdogs nieWinkLOL)

and don't forget da AFRO!!!!!!!! T.I.A my baby T.I. A!!!LOL

Not a problem Lulu we'll sorts ya out no time...... rember da brother's or sista's chains (gold)ne..... and some real keka pimp shades Da bigga da betta...... (nee Jelly nie wit monsterdogs nieWinkLOL)

and don't forget da AFRO!!!!!!!! T.I.A my baby T.I. A!!!LOL

Come on, I still think they're cool daai wit goete Wink  Jy't seker net nog nie vir my gese wat jy van my cool shades dink nie Cool

TIA...can see what movie you've watched recently WinkLOLLOL