Pro-tour bikes

carlo_sg

Why are all the Campy equipped bikes only using 'RECORD?'

I thought they would be using SUPER RECORD? Strange...

But that FOCUS is damn cool. Gotta admit, I could see me riding one of those!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

White handlebar tape is the new black. Whats the average weights of the above bikes? About 6.8kgs I'd say?

Why are all the Campy equipped bikes only using 'RECORD?'

I thought they would be using SUPER RECORD? Strange...

But that FOCUS is damn cool. Gotta admit' date=' I could see me riding one of those!!
[/quote']

Well spotted, must be the credit crunch.

Not sure where you got the ag2r bike pic, but it's not right... unless i am completely wrong :)

They are on the BH Global Concpet G4 SL (Nano tech carbon model)

NOTE - This is the same frame set as Team Medscheme are on.

20090129_065131_AG2r_BH_G4.JPG

The Light weights on the milram bike are actually clinchers' date=' But man I would take any bike from this lot!!![/quote']

Are you serious? Didnt know they made clinchers...

Where's Merckx, he knows all about those FOCUS frames

R37,413.16

t_LWGEN3CAMP%20-%20Copy.jpg

Lightweight GIII STANDARD CLINCHER WHEELS
Price: ?2,642.49 (RRP ?2,700.00)
Sizes: Campagnolo, Shimano

The Lightweight Standard C wheelset is based on our proven ?Standard? model. It has been designed for use with wire bead or folding tires. To achieve best possible results we have redesigned the entire rim. FIRST DELIVERY DUE MID MARCH

Lightweight Standard C wheels come with all technical innovations of our current Generation III wheels. The new all-carbon spokes and the direct bonding of spokes, rim and hub is taken over from our ?Standard? and ?Obermayer? wheels. New is the rim: It has to be light and stiff like on all our wheels; additionally, the sidewall must meet extreme physical demands.

Tire pressure and brake calipers both put large lateral forces on the sidewall. Add to that the heat created by braking from high velocities, and you have quite a task for the engineering department. Carbon fibers excel at withstanding longitudinal forces, and the poor heat transfer capability of carbon fiber materials let temperatures rise quickly, possibly leading to problems both at the rim and for the pad compound. We employ a special temperature resistant resin enveloping our high-tensile fibers to easily meet these demands.

No rim tape is needed, further reducing overall weight. 

Spokes16 / 20 20
Weight per setabout 1080 / 1095 g (2.376 / 2.409 lbs)
Spoke pattern1x1x
Spoke shapelenslens
Rim dimensions height/width 48 mm / 20 mm 48 mm / 20 mm
For clincher tiresyesyes
Tire width (mm)20-23

Its hectic even A bike that is below the weight limit can be super strong, Because of the advancements in materials used titanium carbon ect ect why dont they just make the weight limit 6kg?