Group MTB rides in Centurion?

Mountie

Hi guys and gals,

Would like to confirm a few group rides available out there, as well as listing some that is available, if possible.

Fritz Pienaar on Saturday mornings 06:00 from Southdowns,

Mervin Dinkleman (Spelling might suck), Saturday mornings from 07:00 from the shop,

Epic Sports?  Please correct me if wrong, they do the D&D's on Thursday nights from Irene (Cow) mall?

Grant Cycles?

Any informal groups?

We met a group riding to Delmas on service roads once about three weeks ago?  Specific goals like Epic?  Or space for slower marathon-type riders?

Feedback would be appreciated.

Hi guys and gals' date='

?

Would like to confirm a few group rides available out there, as well as listing some that is available, if possible.

?

Fritz Pienaar on Saturday mornings 06:00 from Southdowns,

Mervin Dinkleman (Spelling might suck), Saturday mornings from 07:00 from the shop,

Epic Sports?? Please correct me if wrong, they do the D&D's on Thursday nights from Irene (Cow) mall?

Grant Cycles?

Any informal groups?

?

We met a group riding to Delmas on service roads once about three weeks ago?? Specific goals like Epic?? Or space for slower marathon-type riders?

?

Feedback would be appreciated.
[/quote']

D&D is done by MTB'ers who luvs to ride . There are no shops , clubs , or any other useless cycle organization involved . DAD also have regular rides in that area during the week end weekends .

Thanks DR,

What's the arrangements for D&D (time, venue, etc) as well as DAD? Pardon my ignorance.

DAD does rides on saterdays and during the week , i think it starts around 16:00.

Grant cycles done have a set outride, but i ride most sundays with them from smuts house @ 6:00 or 6:30. Call Grant Cycles and ask for Jason he will let you know.

Hope this helps

Mountie, I know Cyclelab Centurion also does 2 rides - a +-2hr and a +-4hr one on Saturdays, starting at 6...

Very nice race pace for me!! hehehe

Leon pro,

What's the pace of the group?  Would be interested to join to meet new MTBers in Centurion, as we have been cycling around Centurion with the same few friends the last few years...  Haven't cycled much in the area since my buddy's attack just after Mathilda's.   But need the MTB training.  

I would not want to hold back a pro group...  More of a back of the packer. 

Training for Sabie Ex (Marathon), hopefully Sani (on waiting list since Sept 08)and definitely Argus this year.  Did Barberton and FO last weekend. And let me save face by not asking how quickly (see slowly) I rode Barberton...  I did finish... Smile..  I've been thinking of negotiating with Agteros for his forum name...

I have met some MTBers at THB (to Hell and Back) last year that rides from MD, so I might join them this Saturday, and hopefully another group on Sunday.

Thanks DR' date='

What's the arrangements for D&D (time, venue, etc) as well as DAD? Pardon my ignorance.
[/quote']

the D&D rides leave at 7 from the moo mall (irene mall, i think - that one wit all the cows) every thursday night.

bring buddies, money for hot chocolate afterwards, and a spare tube.

rides vary in distance ... i think tomorrow night is a 35 kay ride. the most fun you can have on a mountainbike ... but that's just my personal opinion Smile

Guest Agteros

... Smile..  I've been thinking of negotiating with Agteros for his forum name...

LOL, NO you CAN'T have it! You'd have to proof a lot less cycling training than my 2x every 2nd weekend!!!

The pace is medium... we take a rest break  half way, we never leave a rider behind.

Its a fun ride.  I am also in training for argus....

Hi gents,

I've just got back into mtb'ing, so I'm very unfit, would also love to join you guys for a ride and would like to meet more mtb'ers from Centurion.