Bay City - CANCELLED

BayCity

Dear All

Just to let you know that unfortunately the Old Mutual Bay City Cycle Tour, that was scheduled for 22 February 2009 in Cape Town has had to be cancelled due to the City of Cape Town refusing to grant permission for the event.  The reason for this is that another event, not cycling, has moved their date forward a week and will be using a SMALL portion of the route.  The Cape Town traffic department say they are understaffed and are unable to provide us with officers for the event. 

We have looked at other dates, and unfortunately none are possible.

Thank you to all our loyal supporters over the past 20 years.  This will be the first time in 20 years we have been unable to run the event.  We will however be back next year, as I have already filed the application with the City, to prevent this from happening again.

For those interested, the letter from the City will be posted on our website, http://www.baycitycycletour.co.za  as soon as I receive it!

Any comments or queries can be directed to info@baycitycycletour.co.za

I've always looked forward to this event. It has always been a good indicator for the Argus.

thi was the race w ive been waiting for. pity the cpt ofice cant give permission!!!!

what about after the argus,there are no rides ill like 3,4 weeks after??????

hope 2 ride next year!!!

Dear All 

The reason for this is that another event' date=' not cycling, has moved their date forward a week and will be using a SMALL portion of the route.  The Cape Town traffic department say they are understaffed and are unable to provide us with officers for the event. 

[/quote']

Why is the Bay City ride taking the wrap when the other event moved its date?

Surely a race with a precedent of longevity and good turnout numbers should hold some sway?<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

And what is this other event? And why should the CC favour them?

40Something2009-02-02 00:08:52