WHAT IS THE POINT????

driewiel

So' date=' it's confirmed - they avoided driewiel just to annoy him  [/quote']

It workedAngry, I still feel twinges of guilt following the spicy email I sent of the CSA. They say you should wait with e-mails until less angry....Embarrassed

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok then driewiel sorry about that.

Anyway, as Justin from My Race pointed out to me this morning, the cards are really kinda superflous to us weekend cyclosport warrior types. CSA have us on their database, and the online entry system is supposed automatically  recognise us when we enter races  - so there is no real need for the card. In an ideal world.

Its an absolute farce. Collected my number for Emperors this am. Firstly' date=' nobody nowhere interested in your license, fine. Supposedly I can pick my license up here, paid for in DECEMBER 2008, not a single CSA rep in sight??? Its a bloody rip-off, plain and simple. GET YOUR BLOODY ACT TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!AngryAngryAngry[/quote']

Well I picked up my race number this morning at Emperors Palace, and there WAS indeed a representative from CGC, and she handed me my new license without a problem - so with all due respect, you should be careful about posting incorrect information.

...... typical what you can ....(the tochas complained!!!!!)
Big H2009-02-06 07:14:30

I went to Emperors, did a late entry for MTB and wasn't asked for a licence and didn't even know there was a CSA person there otherwise I would have picked up my licence ......

For a cycling 'expo' it was pathetic - hope the race is better.

I did a late entry for the road race at CL, also wasn't asked for a licence.

Paid last November because I got tired of being held to ransom  for R30 every time I tried to collect numbers.

FYI - did a 100km race in Ottosdal last week, INCLUDING pretty decent race pack the entry fee was an astronimical R36.
YETI5752009-02-06 08:07:48

My entry for the 40km was R110.00 which works out to R2.75 per kilometre...... R2.39 per km more expensive than the Ottosdal race.

Oh, and there were no plastic tie thingies to attach the numbas!

ok yes i am an elite cyclist but hey it should be the same for everyone i was lucky to get my license in time for the hyper to hyper but i didnt even show them the license because the organising comittee know where i am seeded and just double checked on the pc

in the end it shouldnt be about who you know but it should be about what you deserve

really sucks to read about everyones misfortune

Its easy to lay blame at the Clubs door, and hide your own ineptitude by saying Clubs are not notifying folk, well, why should they?

Why must clubs now sit down and try and contact 20 cyclists who may or may not attend on any sort of regular basis, they have other things to do, and why should the cyclist have to spend time and effort to continually call his club only to be told, sorry, its not here yet.!?We also have other things to do.!

Why do the CSA or MYRACE or whoever not send out an e-mail notification saying your license has been sent to your club on such and such a date.??

I guess, thats too easy and makes it difficult to hide away and blame someone else when you are late in delivery.!

Its not like they can tell me they have used my money to my betterment, frankly I see it as a pointless and wastefull excercise in futility, rather just tell everyone, give us R70.00 or whatever, your reciept is your license and lets just get on with it, what must I do with a stupid piece of plastic I cant do with a stupid piece of paper.??

porky2009-02-07 00:17:24

I agree Porky, its nothing but a charade and no need to keep it up any longer.

Us regular cyclists will never see any benefit for our money, so just cut the c**p, ask for the R70.00 as a donation, you can still get all our details etc, and send us a nice pre printed, generic thank you which we can use as a license, its greener as we use less plastic and most of us dont even need or use it anyway.

I lost my card last year, and I will probably loose this one as well, shows how many times I needed it.!

While riding this morning I was mulling the thought that WHY THE HELL AM I FORCED TO PAY R30-00 upfront when entering for the ARGUS and at other races people pick up race numbers without even showing the "hallowed" little card. Inconsistent aint it!!!!!!!! I think it shows a lack of disrespect for any order within the supposed organised rank of our cycling hirearchy. Bunch of wankers!!!!!!!!

While riding this morning I was mulling the thought that WHY THE HELL AM I FORCED TO PAY R30-00 upfront when entering for the ARGUS and at other races people pick up race numbers without even showing the "hallowed" little card. !

Yah, no argument there, as I said, its nothing but a farce.

My other gripe now is re-seeding, I asked for my wife to be re-seeded as the original one was wrong, and they came back and said Yes, fine BUT it will cost another R50.00 because we missed the cut off.!!!!

My first point is "MAYBE AROUND 10 DAYS IS NOT ENOUGH TIME TO LET EVERYBODY REPLY ON THEIR PROVISIONAL SEEDING ALLOCATION - MAYBE SOME OF US HAVE A REAL JOB WHICH TAKES UP MUCH OF OUR DAY, MAYBE WE DONT PUT OUR ARGUS SEEDING ON THE TOP OF OUR PRIORITY - TO DO LIST - SO WE GET AROUND TO IT WHEN WE CAN AND IN MY OPINION THE ALLOWED TIME WAS TOO SHORT.

My second point is "WHY WAS SHE SEEDED INCORRECTLY IN THE FIRST PLACE"??

My third point is "WHY MUST I PAY FOR YOUR ERROR?"

This is, in my opinion nothing but blatent and undisguised exploitation of a captured market.!  

Why do the same guys complain about the licensing instead of taking action, simply organzise all your fellow cyclists who are feeling the same to boycott the races until you achieve your goals or simply shut up and pay as all your moans are not actioned by CSA or the club organizers.

simply shut up and pay as all your moans are not actioned by CSA or the club organizers.

Well now theres a jaw dropping suggestion Bushy.!

Simply "shut up".!Cant believe nobody has thought of that.

Good idea, instead, I suggest we all sit around and discuss the rising cost of security at the Systine chapel or the average age of past and present lawn bowling champions. Whatcha think?

Should encourage lively debate and stretch a few imaginations.

Cant wait.!  

Did go back to registration at Emperors again on Saturday, after the MTB ride, covered in muck, and.....

No license, despite payment going through in December and an e-mail from CGC received in January stating that my license had been processed. I rest my case,

for some reason I don't feel anything for all your dilemmas. I've not had a single problem with any licenses or race entries in 6 years. Wait a minute, I have not done and CSA races in 6 years. If you feed a stray cat it will never go away.

we have members who applied in november...and still no licenses...

maybe 2010 license applications should open in june this year?