giant trance x2 - opinion & suggestions

cat-i

you there this sunday?

Yes. From 6h30 till 9.

Confused

I know I had a bit to drink on Saturday night' date=' but I'm pretty sure I was there. My bike is still muddy, so I had to be there!

[/quote']

cool. will be there at 7-ish. goose or toy?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Difficult so say...

I may get a new toy today, but the seat will be too low to ride the trails. The 'Goose can't do the trials course. I could take both, but then I may have issues deciding which one to ride.

Need beer. Hog no function beer well without.

Difficult so say...

I may get a new toy today' date=' but the seat will be too low to ride the trails. The 'Goose can't do the trials course. I could take both, but then I may have issues deciding which one to ride.

Need beer. Hog no function beer well without.

[/quote']

take both. wanta go on the new oneBig%20smile

will pack a six pack or threeWink

We went out to the Ride Before You Buy event in Stellenbosch yesterday.

We rode a number of bikes. Started off at Giant as we were pretty keen on the Trance X to start with. The large was out so my GF took the medium and I took a large Anthem X2.

She fell in love with it almost instantly. After sampling a few other bikes we went back to Giant, she took it out again and I took the large Trance X2.

I must say I was very impressed with it. It just felt a lot more lively than any of the other 5inch+ bikes we tried(Trek EX8, Commencal Meta 5, GT Force).

It's an extremely playful bike and it just feels right. Accelerates very well, really chuckable in the singletrack and I was surprised by how light it felt and how much it loved to fly. I don't mean big jumps, just i.t.o. jumping ruts and little ridges in the trail.

I really, really enjoyed it and I totally understand why people are raving about the bike as much as they are.

It left me with a world of respect for Giant. I tried a Trance about 3 years ago and was really not impressed with the feel of the bike. I figured the setup on that particular bike might have had something to do with it so reserved judgement.

I'm definitely a big supporter now. Few bikes I've ridden over the years have made me feel so 'at one' with the bike as the Giants I rode yesterday. Even the Anthem X felt great and really handled very nicely.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know what I/we thought. She's got money burning a hole in her pocket so I'm ordering a Trance X2 for her today.

MintSauce2009-02-16 07:08:09

Not sure if they can help with courier, but City Cycles in Cpt still has 2 X 2007 Trance's on the floor (one M, one L) for just over R14...

Not the X's - still the one with the Glory hole - but stillWernervdmerwe2009-02-16 07:31:37

nope, werner, the pretty one that totally stole my heart is the trance x ...

monty - that's exactly how i felt - love at first sight, and a bike with personality Big%20smile

read a review earlier that compared the tranxce x to the stumpjumper ... the stumpjumper won hands-down, but is totally out of my budget ... except, maybe, this one : https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum_posts.asp?TID=43553

anyone rode both so that they can compare them?

can any bike possible provide a better ride than the one i tested, and that minty is raving about???

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations. I hope you have many comfortable exciting kilometres on it. I hope to see it at Groenkloof on 15 March.

P.S It looks stunning.

Congrats cat-i....my GF did her first race on hers today (Trance X2) and she absolutely loves it.

Rode with her and except for 45mns on Table Mountain yesterday, this was her first proper ride.

I couldn't believe how much better she was riding. Makes such a difference having a confidence inspiring bike.

Enjoy it!

jealousy is making me nasty...

I hate it! Throw it into the bushes and never look back! (otherwise you'll see me scampering out my hiding spot to take it out and play)

many happy, mud & dirt-filled kms, Cat-i...

- i have a very restricted budget - 25 k max' date=' [/quote']

I have an '08 Trance X1 - paid 19k for it!

Great bike

Probably cheaper now the '09 is out with upgraded components, so I would expect an older X2 to be in the 14k to 15k mark.

the 2008 x2 was in the region of 15k; couldn't justify not going for the x1, at just over 18k including the stan's conversion and the better parts ... even though i had to go for the not-black frame ... it's VERY muddy now Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile

cat-i2009-03-02 12:24:58