Lost Garmin

IanJ

This is a very long shot but I rode home from the Ride for Sight today and whilst riding through Edenvale on North Reef Road the clip on the mount on my Garmin 705 broke and the unit fell off. Unfortunately I only noticed a bit later and even though we went back we couldn't find it.

Two guys at the side of the road said they saw a car stop and pick something up just after we rode past.

If anyone knows anyone that just might have picked it up please pm me for contact details.

Like I said I know it's a long shot but worth a try.

Pity about that IanJ! How was the ride back from Fourno's ? When I got home I passed out on the floor for 2 hours Dead

Ride back was ok, up William Nicol was very slow but I think I did a total of about 180km for the day including 116km of racing.

Good training and thanks to you and Jules for joining me.

Ian

This is bad news man, the clip on my 705 broke on one of out afternoon club rides, fortunately someone picked it up for me and the unit looks terrible smiley18.gif

I personally think the clip needs beefing up.

Ian

This is bad news man' date=' the clip on my 705 broke on one of out afternoon club rides, fortunately someone picked it up for me and the unit looks terrible smiley18.gif
I personally think the clip needs beefing up.[/quote']

I agree, there was a thread discussing it recently. The whole design of being two halves is stupid, the top half can break and separate from the bottom which is cable tied on (which is what happened to me). Ouch

IanJ2009-02-15 11:20:42

I never had a problem with the 305, maybe the 705 is just a bit too beeg for that useless waste of a clip smiley7.gif

I feel for you Ian.

I glue the two halves together after the first clip I had broke.

Never had a problem since then apart from the cr@ppy lock tabs breaking...

They said at prizegiving afterwards that they found some cyclingcomputer and it was at "lost and found". Contact the organisers is all I can say!

That 705 sounds like a case for recall, or mass replacement by Garmin of the current bracket. Sometimes these guys have to do radical customer service recovery, and this would do it. Otherwise good luck with the return of your unit.

Garmin - you"ll be lost without it! But then the thing goes and gets itself lost. Bottom line dont trust GarminWink

hope you find it, my 705 's mounting also broke and I lost it, at least an honest human being advertised it on this hub and I got it back. Garmin should seriously look at re-designing that mounting !

Are you out there Garmin ?  this was probably the 4 th one in Feb !

I have on my MTB a GPS 60CXi with mounted

and I put one extra original cord fixed on my hand bar,

If the mount fail, a cord grip it.