"the ride" mag?

Tumbleweed

came across this in an independent story about booming niche publications:

Philip Diprose set up the fixed-gear cycling magazine The Ride with his brother Andrew and friend Dean Taylor in order to complement, not compete with, existing cycling publications.
"Of what was available, nothing spoke to us," says Diprose, 34. "We appreciate what they offer, but we are interested in the experience of cycling. Other magazines do reviews and products, but we wanted to address the soulful aspect." The aesthetic was important, too, so Diprose enlisted a design team who were also cycling enthusiasts to create an ethereal cover illustration.
Nurturing a relationship with the cycling community was a primary objective. "Everyone who contributes to The Ride has a keen interest in cycling. Technology enables us to reach enthusiasts across the world." A significant community there is, too. Only one issue of The Ride has been published so far, and 2,000 copies - at ?7 each - sold out in six weeks. There were internet sales in Honolulu, Malaysia, Africa and beyond.

wondered if any hubbers had seen it?

First time to hear about this. did quick google, found a lot of the ride mags.

Was it previously a motorbike mag and then relaunced?

The Ride magazine tells it as it is.  Almost like Die Son -- die son sien alles. And then the sun went under on thatBig%20smile

Look out for an awesome 'niche' magazine especially for all you mountain bikers coming very soon!!!!

ive not heard of this' date=' but http://www.fixed-mag.com/wordpress/ is pretty big here in the uk, they distribute it for free and you can even download the pdf.

fixed gear is getting massive here, just this weekend a new shop opened in london, 14bikeco, its like a boutique! [/quote']

noticed that. have read feature stories about the scene in some mainstream papers.

Look out for an awesome 'niche' magazine especially for all you mountain bikers coming very soon!!!!

Not soon enough!

just got a mail about local availability:

Hello Barry,

The only place that still has any copies of issue 1 is here

They may well ship to South Africa but I dont know what the charge will be.

We're about to print issue 2 so you need to be quick if you want to get issue 1 from them.

I can guarantee that you'll be able to get issue 2 sent to you if you order from our website.

We should be opening up for pre-order sales this week and Ill send you an email when its ready.

Cheers

Philip Diprose

editor

www.theridejournal.com