Thanks Groot Lem!

AuctionLamb

Must make a public "THANK YOU" to Groot Lem for organizing a BRILLIANT TOUR!!! ClapClap

What makes this your so good is that everything was kept simple!

• Rolling road closure, not even one problem that I have seen with a car moving from the road to give cyclist way. Just shows you it can be done on a minimal budget
  • Feeding from Backup vehicles was allowed...what a pleasure!!
  • The vid3e was very relaxing before the start....loved those funny chirps by GL before we started(liked the one where he told the school kids they must sing a song for Nolan)!!!LOL
  • The whole tour was well organized with no incidents I know of. Results was on quick.
THANKS from Team Daikin!!!

AuctionLamb2009-03-02 01:05:00

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I concur with everything you've said being a spectator. The (un)official photographer was exceptional too.

One thing for next year would be great to have a race report ala cyclingnews et al. Would be nice to know exactly how each stage went and if Johnny Doe riding for Some Dodgy Team attacked in the neutral section only to be brought back by.......

ShortLegs, next year you can follow it in a car with a laptop and a 3G card to give us updates..*heheh*

I can't believe that Groot Lem used to be my lecture teaching me how to do surveying at Cape Technikon. He used to cycle to Cape Technikon everyday. I admire him for doing hard work at Boland Tour with such little budgets. I really enjoyed the tour, but it was hard. Thank you Groot Lem

ShortLegs' date=' next year you can follow it in a car with a laptop and a 3G card to give us updates..*heheh*[/quote']

..... or you could follow in the car and provide me backup Shocked

Shorty, I had colonel + 4 others swearing at me 3 days in a row... Let me not add another person to it..

Thanks Hendrik, very nice uncomplicated tour, the standard off riders was just the right mix of good and not so good riders(ME).

Was good to see so many junior riders wanting to race against open gear riders. They all would have learnt alot from this tour, ie, preparation, speed skills and how to really hak in the gutter,  But what doesnt kill you makes you stronger!!! i know some off us cursed them, but being an Appy,you need to start somewhere and space and chance need to be given. At least they wil realise quickly, if its going to be there bread and butter or not!!!!!

Hou so voort GL.

May you show some organizers and comitees how it should be done!!!

Thumbs%20UpClap

Clap

groot lem never lectured' date=' not clever enough[/quote']

only a double poster can give a useless reply like this....

Thanks for the support and compliments. And I've never been a lecturer.

Ja, I'm thinking quite a bit about the future of the event. Its getting a bit too big for 2 people to handle, the range in the quality of the riders big, open for pro's or not?

Or if I get a sponsor we could have 2 bunches...

I think its good that juniors experience racing of a higher level. But does a normal league rider need this?

Ideas please. And what if there's no Giro

Oh sorry! There was a guy who looked like you, used to lecture me.

It will be sad if there is no Giro, but why can't they combine Boland tour and Giro, so that we can have seperate bunch (Pros with Juniors) and (Veterans and league riders)

lets hope they secure a sponsor for giro. the idea of TdBoland was to develop riders for giro, like a stepping stone.

but I'm thinking of a ladies/vets tour around october. but then i want to ride as well.

Thanks for the support and compliments. And I've never been a lecturer.

Ja' date=' I'm thinking quite a bit about the future of the event. Its getting a bit too big for 2 people to handle, the range in the quality of the riders big, open for pro's or not?

Or if I get a sponsor we could have 2 bunches...

I think its good that juniors experience racing of a higher level. But does a normal league rider need this?

Ideas please. And what if there's no Giro
[/quote']

Normal league rider needs this kinda racing!! It was awesome to ride with the pro's, by splitting the bunch could make it just another "normal" league ride.

Maybe you can split Woman, U/16 and 40+ in one separate bunch but the rest one bunch.

Maybe have a 30 - 39 SV CAT...there is a desperate need of Vets tours and this one will fit in nicely!!! Would be nice to have some JHB vets coming down for this one next year.

I sound very brave now after the tour Embarrassed.....but if we had another stage on the Sunday it would have been nice. The first 2 days was hell but when we got to the Saturday I was really getting into this tour thing and would not have minded a another day. Maybe next year I will regret it if there is an extra day!!LOLOuch

Be prepared....your Tour is gonna be a lot bigger next year!!!!!

but I'm thinking of a ladies/vets tour around october.
./signed! this is a very good idea, considering the PPA doesn't do a vets tour anymore..

the problem i have with the sub vet cat in sa is that the top over 30 riders are riding elite.

the winner of the last stage was over 30, and tiaan is also sub vet. well done to moolies for sticking with them on du toits. (what does this say about our elites) but who gets the sub vet prize, the 1st over 30?

UCI regulations limit the size of bunch to 200