Epic Advise

funrider243

To recover after each day' date=' I showered asap, applied Assos shammy cream to my butt (or anything anti-bacterial/soothing) and wore shorts - no under rods - to allow my butt some recovery. Don't talk to good looking girls.
[/quote']

LOL Might be the best advice I've heard

Thanks for all the advise......

My partner has ridden the two previous Epics and we've spoken at length about "pacing" ourselves for the whole event! The GOAL is too finish in Lourensford!! Smile

The bike I'm riding is my Cannondale Scalpel (Reba race front shock), which is kitted out with Gobi saddle, XT tubeless wheels, Sram XO components (except front deraileur X9) and Juicy Ultimate brakes.......  Anything regarding my bike that needs attention?

I'm gonna be riding with Specialized Taho shoes (apparently good for walking??) and I'll be wearing Assos Pants. Does anyone have advise on which gloves would be the best??

I ride mostly road bike, but do venture out on my MTB regularly.... I've taken part in a few MTB races... Karoo2Coast(twice), Die Hell (Twice) and Trans Baviaans(Twice, 13hours being my best). These all pale in comparison too the Epic and hence my post asking for any and all advise!!

Looking forward to reading more from you guys....

Thanks Again!! Thumbs%20Up

technical proficiency is a must for this years epic - much more a mtb race than previous years of open road riding- get out on the singletrack and technical jeep track to get your self used to it :)

Have you done the August. I think it's on coming weekend. I hear it's the toughest race out there. If you did, you will be fine.

*turns away and starts giggling*