OLD BIKES/FRAMES.

gummibear

Ya I agree. Dura Ace did invent the wheel. In fact Dura Ace also invented Shimano. But his cousin 105 is also an old bloke by now.

Geez Mampara these were the days when they still built the frames you believe in (vs today's "plastic" frames) LOL

Sorry you are right 600 became Ultegra and DA was always Dura ace.

still not. The Exage range was below 105. But the 600 (not Exage) did become Ultegra. I think the Exage rage was with Biopase chainrings.

Biopase was defnitly on 105. My dad rode his cannondale (one of the original ones to land in SA- first big tube bike wow) with 105 and the biopase chainrings until last July when he had the fatal accedent slowtwitch2009-03-05 05:36:34

Dura ace

Ultegra 600

Rx100

Exage 500

Exage 400

Exage 300

Only the DA and Ultegra had STI in 1992 and were 8 speed.

Exage

I had a friend that purchased a Colnago which was black in colour and it had silver decals.

The groups was the original 6600 which then became 105? Anyway, that was the first time that I saw the "Bio-Pace" technology. Is the technology still applied to other makes of groupsets?

It was weird going from down tube shifters to STI.Took a while to get used to it.

My first bike with Sti had Rx 100 8 speed on it.

Sorry, just read up, it was 500 Exage and not 600 that was below 105. Rx100 only came later.

I got my 105 STIs in 1993. The bike was R2000 and the STI upgrade, levers, front der, rear der, casette, chain, 4 months later was R1500.

I had a friend that purchased a Colnago which was black in colour and it had silver decals.

?

The groups was the original 6600 which then became 105? Anyway' date=' that was the first time that I saw the "Bio-Pace" technology. Is the technology still applied to other makes of groupsets?
[/quote']

All 6*** series parts are Ultegra.

People don't want to admit it but Rotor Rings are based on the same concept. (grabs coat and runs)

Bio-pace went out of fasion after that (don't know why) but first time I've seen it again was a similar concept on Carlos Sastra's Cervelo in 2008. Sure it was FSA cranks slowtwitch2009-03-05 05:58:19

1996 AMP-Research B4 (as manufactured for Mercedes-Benz) - WAAAYYY ahead of its time and still one of the best full susp designs ever...

Take a look at Extralite X-Link....;-)

2kg frame... (Upgraded Risse-Racing air shock)

Finished 17th in Karoo to Coast 2005 on this bike as pictured... Should've never sold the frame...

20090305_061404_285_8596.jpg

Sheldon Brown never like the biopace rings.

I Google'd Bio Pace and found the same thing.....I remebered the Bio PAce chainring as something egg-shaped only to find that it was kinda squarish...I wonder if Shimano will re-introduce the technology especially since they re-introduced the new electronic Dura-Ace.