Stickers?

milky4130

So now the Argus is over, the sh*t starts, removing the stickers from helmets & bars without leaving the glue behind, are there any tips get this crap off?

Steal a bit of your wifes acetone (nail polish remover). Most road cyclists keep their own anyway.

It will dull the paintwork, if not remove it.

Rather use some mister min. Pull as much of the sticker off and spray it with mr min and leave for 5 min, then just rub and see it roll offBig%20smile

remove whatever sticker you can by peeling then use normal old turps to remove the residue left over (paper, glue etc.) How anybody lives without the stuff is beyond me.

TIP: (For next time)

Stick insulation tape down first on your helmet & bars. Then stick the crappy photo sticker onto that.

It makes life so easier after the race to pull the sticker off!!

(Use it - don't use it)

use a silver spoon... if it get scratched use brasso or silvo to remove the scratch marks on the spoon

Small angle grinder....  otherwise soak a warm wet cloth over the sticker to get the paper to soften.  Scrape what you can off with fingers then use benzine to take the sticky sh*t off.

The best to use on any surface is Doom/Raid or any of those things in the can. Just spray it one and work it in with your finger. Just remember to wash your hands afterwards or use latex gloves.

You guys are crazy using that abrasive stuff on carbon.

Hey daar,

Jou carbon het 'n lekker dik laag clear coat oor - moes nou die dag gom van myne afhaal - turps of benzine werk goed en doen niks aan die clear coat nie.

NET NIE THINNERS,ACETONE or ENIGE SOLVENTS NIE!!!!

Mr Min werk ook, maar vat langer.

Hi FrancoisC

Stem saam

*howdi jack* sal vanoggend pakkie ingee laat my weet wanneer jy dit kry*howdi jack off*

now that we have mentioned everything in the garage we can start repeating the best suggestions, or start a poll.

My vote goes to "speed devil"-mr min works well and you end up spraying the entire bike and polish it as well.Thumbs%20Up

many of us wont have to remove stickers because the wind blew them off with the clear coatThumbs%20Down

crackajack2009-03-09 23:53:59

Hi FrancoisC

Stem saam

*howdi jack* sal vanoggend pakkie ingee laat my weet wanneer jy dit kry*howdi jack off*

Thanks F - sien uit na saal wat nie my gat saag nie!

The best to use on any surface is Doom/Raid or any of those things in the can. Just spray it one and work it in with your finger. Just remember to wash your hands afterwards or use latex gloves.

Couldnt agree more. We used it 20 years ago at the OK Bazaars to get price labels of. Have been using it ever since on all and any stickers on any surface..

Steal a bit of your wifes acetone (nail polish remover). Most road cyclists keep their own anyway.
To paint their toe nails?Wink