Question re: duties on items from CRC

RickA

I just collected my order and had to pay R2878.61 on a R19k order.Saved R5800 on what i was quoted by various shops in SA.

Took 13 days but that was with 2 holidays in between.

I take it that this is with CRC?

If so, then I'm going to go with a linear scaling on everything.....

Buying from CRC items that come to about 20% of your bill, I'll pay 20% of your vat and make a saving of 20% of your saving......so...

CRC asks me R4000, I should pay about R600 vat and I'll save about R1000-R1200 compared to a local buy....seals the deal for me....Clap

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at buying a POLAR s725X hearrate monitor through CRC.  Is it true that if you but a POLAR  hearrate monitor from abroad that the local POLAR agents will not suport you, even under gaurantee?

Is it true that if you but a POLAR  hearrate monitor from abroad that the local POLAR agents will not suport you' date=' even under gaurantee?[/quote']

They should. You just need to make sure you have a receipt and the the Customer Service Card that comes with the Polar is stamped by the dealer.

From the Polar site:

[quote name='Limited Polar International Guarantee]Please keep the receipt and stamped Polar Customer Service Card.

The receipt is your proof of purchase!

During the guarantee period the product will be either repaired or

replaced free of charge at any of the authorized Polar Service Centers' date='

despite of the country of purchase.[/quote']

When the guarantee  has expired, they do not want to work on it (replace battery).  That the eperience somebody had.

When the guarantee  has expired' date=' they do not want to work on it (replace battery).  That the eperience somebody had.

[/quote']

OK, that's different to my experience. They were happy to work on my imported Polar and change the batteries for a labour and parts fee.

Maybe Google their number (Intelligent Helath and Fitness) and ask them.

Sorry' date=' what's the duty on a Polar or Garmin?[/quote']

I paid no duty when I bought my Polar four years ago.

I would suggest buying Garmins locally. Once you've factored in the cost of VAT, shipping and getting the local maps, the cheapest reputable online stores are only R200 or so cheaper than a place like EasyGIS.co.za. Considering the level of support offered by Avnic, the Garmin distributors, I'm more than happy to pay that minimal extra amount.

Ok....tracking my stuff is cool...but now its stuck in Jo'burg @ the airport somewhere.....is there a way to sort of "reboot" the shipping process.....it went well from CRC to Jozi (2 days) and since it arrived in Jozi 4 days ago, its still there.....

b2b: customs probably pawing your goods deciding how best to afflict your wallet with a bad case The Emptiness

I had an issue recently that i had to sort out for my cape town office,

a client had some stuff posted to him. Because of value they wanted a

formal clearance done and it had to be done here in JHB before they

would move parcels to CPT. Was about 5 parcels in space of 2 weeks

b2b: customs probably pawing your goods deciding how best to afflict your wallet with a bad case The Emptiness

UPDATE...!!!!!!!!!! Got my stuff...!!!!!Big%20smile....had to pay R540 (vat/customs???) on R3300 order from CRC....included were hydraulic Juicy brakes, Mavic wheels and maxxis crossmark tires.....ALL in good order....I ordered last week Thursday and the stuff arrived yesterday at the posy office....dropped in there this morning and..........there it was.....Big%20smile...

Just fitted the wheels and tires and I'm off for a quick spin soon.....Thumbs%20Up............!!!

bak2basiks2009-05-07 08:29:52

UPDATE...!!!!!!!!!! Got my stuff...!!!!!Big%20smile....had to pay R540 (vat/customs???) on R3300 order from CRC....included were hydraulic Juicy brakes' date=' Mavic wheels and maxxis crossmark tires.....ALL in good order....I ordered last week Thursday and the stuff arrived yesterday at the posy office....dropped in there this morning and..........there it was.....Big%20smile...Just fitted the wheels and tires and I'm off for a quick spin soon.....Thumbs%20Up............!!![/quote']

which delivery service you take? I'm still waiting for my knee pads to leave the UK, if the tracking service is to be believed. ;(